How to route RTD wire through control panel into PID?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpr121

Reaction score
I’m looking to see how everyone has wired their RTDs. I have a waterproof quick disconnect connection at the vessel (purchased from Auberins), but should I install some sort of similar disconnect at the control panel? Or just run the wire through some sort of grommet or something. Also what do people use for reinforcing this wire, seems very thin and able to be ripped apart during a brew day.

Thanks for the link I just saw that the RTDs they sell now also have the option of including those disconnects and also a heavy duty metal braided shield... wish I waited to purchase mine.

If I am not planning on ever disconnecting the RTD from the CP, would a simple grommet connection work or is there a better solution?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link I just saw that the RTDs they sell now also have the option of including those disconnects and also a heavy duty metal braided shield... wish I waited to purchase mine.

If I am not planning on ever disconnecting the RTD from the CP, would a simple grommet connection work or is there a better solution?

Call the owner of Auber Instruments (Suyi Liu). He is an excellent business man and there is a good chance that he will work with you so that you can exchange your temp probe for the upgraded version.

P-J said:
Call the owner of Auber Instruments (Suyi Liu). He is an excellent business man and there is a good chance that he will work with you so that you can exchange your temp probe for the upgraded version.

I will do this. All the options I see are way more than the 9 bucks it costs for the upgrade... I just hope it wasn't there when I bought my rtds and I didn't just overlook it.

Back