How old is too old?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obie

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My brewing has gone the wayside since my second was born. At the time I had a few all grain kits ready to go but never got around to it. That was in 2019.

The grains have been sealed in my dry basement. Yay or nay?

I also have like 5 years worth of home grown hop harvests in the freezer as well. Thinking of doing some YOLO batches.

I've never been able to keep base malts past 2 years because I keep brewing and using them up. The two year old base malts brewed just the same as the fresh base malts. I have some caramel malts that are older than 2 years and they don't seem degraded at all and they are not sealed.

That's why I jumped in here also. I was hoping there's not a cut-off !
I was wondering too about the age thing. I was hoping that since I retired there wasn't an age cut off date too!

Sorry obie, since your grains (milled and not milled) are in kits in your dry basement, I'm assuming there are in sealed bags so they should be fine to use.

Latest posts

Back