How often do you guys brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually brew 2 5 gallon batches a month. My work schedule is the same every 4 weeks. I work 14 and off 14. 7 of those are in a row. That's the week I usually do my beer stuff. I've been slacking lately because I've been building out a kegerator because I'm tired of bottle management. Not so much of bottling in itself but all the empties to keep track of and keep clean. I took my fermentation chamber temperature controller for the kegerator and just ordered a new one on Amazon. Since I can't control temps I haven't brewed. I do have beer flowing from the kegs which is great!

I only have one chest freezer that is either a fermentation chamber or kegerator, so it depends on how quickly I can drink what I brew. I have room for two fermentors, so last month I did two brew days a week apart before putting everything away. Just racked one and will rack the other this week. So, on average I would say every 2 months min. depending on time. I would like to get it to once a month. I may have to go to 2.5 gal or less just to get a better rhythm going.

It really depends. I usually brew a couple times a month in warm weather and that slows down to once every couple months once its cold. I have already brewed 9 batches this year so I guess Im averaging 2 a month.

As far as how to drink all that? I take beer to places quite a bit along with have people over fairly regularly. Dumped a couple half full kegs this weekend to get a couple beers kegged that needed to be. I have 4 taps and 8 kegs, sometimes things just must be donated to the beer gods.

I have two taps and four kegs. My goal is to keep them filled but I've never gotten more than two filled at a time. A little 21 month old person limits how much time I can dedicate to this. Reality says maybe every 6 weeks I brew 5 gallons.

Also, we did move into a new house this past November so that's still taking a lot of my time -- customizing/replacing hardware, decorating, painting, working in the yard, researching appliances, etc.

I think I might buy a couple of commercial kegs off of a couple of friends that work in distribution, hopefully that'll get me ahead of the ball.

I brew a 10 gallon batch once every 3 weeks. Keeps the fermenters full and the kegs on steady rotation along with being able to bottle up some giveaways.

My goal is one 2.5 gallon batch per week. So far this year, I've only made 10 batches. One of those was a five gallon batch. I've got some catching up to do. :)

I want to brew once a month, but this year its been closer to once every two months. Didn't help that my second to last batch was a coffee stout that I am drinking very slowly. And my last batch was a bitter that the hops I used were homegrown and had very little AA, so my beer tastes like straight malt, also being drank very slowly.

I brew as much as my wallet can afford. So far this year I have brewed (5) 5gal batches of beer and (1) 3gal batch of blackberry wine

I brew almost like I was doing a reorder for my inventory. So, once I get down to a given amount of beer on hand (usually 12 bottles of a particular brew), I go ahead and brew. That typically ends up working out to brewing about once every 4-6 weeks. On occasion I will fall behind a bit and brew on back to back weekends. When I do that however, I usually don't brew again for a couple of months.

I'm a starting brewer, so i brew whenever i have enough bottles for a new batch.

As i only have about 250 bottles at the moment, i'm still begging all my friends to buy bottles instead of cans :D

Every 3 weeks I generally do a small batch (5 litre). Do larger 5 gallon batches every 2-3 months. I'd like to do more as I could fit it in time wise but I'm sad to say I can't get through the beer quick enough as I'm the only drinker in the house.

Every 3 weeks I generally do a small batch (5 litre). Do larger 5 gallon batches every 2-3 months. I'd like to do more as I could fit it in time wise but I'm sad to say I can't get through the beer quick enough as I'm the only drinker in the house.

You have a drinking problem. You don't do it enough. :mug:

I'm also the only drinker in my house. I still brew like a madman. Trick is to brew ageable big beers alongside immediate consumption beers. I have a Brett Barleywine and a Quad that are both 2 years old that I've barely touched. Neither will peak for another 3 or 4 years anyway.

Make something that needs to age three months like a barley wine while you're waiting to kick the keg.

Make something that needs to age three months like a barley wine while you're waiting to kick the keg.

This is a great idea actually. Am moving house imminently so will enrage SWMBO if I start stockpiling beer for us to move. As soon as we're in there though..

Thanks! :mug:

I have been brewing about once a month. Sometimes I will do a second batch pretty close together, but overall about once a month. However, that was during the construction of my keezer. Now that that is done, I have to figure out how much I need on deck to replenish supply. I would hate to leave a keg empty for 6 weeks while a new brew is made and fermented.

My next up is a Bourbon Barrel Porter, which is a two month out type of beer. I also am starting another batch of cider, but that can sit a while if it needs to wait for a keg to open up. I will probably start something else with the intention of having enough to sustain a possible 4th of July party that may or may not occur. That would require some beer, but also might be a good way to clear a couple of keg spots.

I only have 4 kegs and 4 taps, so I have to figure out logistics as I go.

That's why I went so brew crazy when I started. I dove right in and built a keezer and I'm still working to get the supply built up. I have 4 taps and 4 backup kegs and then I'll bottle the occasional special brew. I get a poker game going at the house every 2 weeks, those boys can easily drain a keg! I keep a little tip jar on the keezer and that goes towards restocking ingredients!

I generally have been doing 10 gallon batches, once a month. I find that it's way more than I can drink by myself, but I've happily become the guy who always shows up with a couple growlers and that seems to keep the inventory in check.
30.gif
57.gif

I brew 3 to 4 times a month, 4.75 gallons at a time. I have friends and neighbors that stop over for beer occasionally. A keg usually lasts around a month from the day it's tapped. I think I'm brewing enough; I love it.

I am working with one primary, so it's usually every 3 weeks.

I get up pretty early, bottle and brew, and have 5 gallons in the fermenter by Noon.

I've been brewing a lot of 2.5 gallon and 3 gallon batches lately every 2-3 weeks for the past 4 months. I bottle those.

I always keep a keg of some sort of pale ale and either a stout or porter. When those get low, I'll brew a 5 gallon batch.

During football season I seem to brew less and drink a whole lot more for some reason. Probably because I'm a Dolphins fan.

I end up depleting my stockpile, and in January (because the Phins never play in january) the cycle starts again.

I try to do 3 5 gallon batches every month. Between my GF and I and giving away some to friends we can easily go through a 5 gallon batch in 2 weeks. Best to keep on top of it and keep a variety around.

I used to brew every 2 weeks or so but after I did the 4 tap build on my keezer last January, I brew (5-10gal) every Saturday.
It's a good life :drunk:

I brew a gallon batch probably every 2 to 3 weeks depending on how busy I am and whether there's a fermentor free.

We have 3 primary fermenters and 2 kegs. We try to keep them all full. We are generally more aggressive early in the summer but slow down as our waists widen. Our issue is usually we don't drink it fast enough.

However, our friend really likes our beer and wants to start "buying" it (paying for the grain and beer while brewing), so we'll be making batches for him too.

We're primed to drop ~$800 in equipment in the next couple months, so we're really eager to get brewing.

So I brew either 3, 4 or 6 gallon batches, maybe once every 4 to 8 weeks and that keeps a plentiful supply going. I hear some guys brew every week or two, 5 and sometimes 10 gallons worth at a time. How's a person get through that much beer in just a few days?
I brew twice a month in most months, and make mostly 5 gallons with an occasional 10. At any given time I have 8 to 12 different beers in my beer fridge, bottled in 12 ounce bottles. I used to keg, but sold all my stuff off - I found kegging to be a PITA with regards to juggling my pipeline.

Now, because I have to maintain weight, I can't drink that much, so much of my beer is given away, but much also gets consumed at parties, dinners and BBQs, at the homebrewing classes I teach, by my neighbors, and at my homebrew club. I've also started making about a third of my beers more sessionable - I currently have both an English Mild and a Berlinerweisse that are below 4% And, in the end If I feel the beer is past its prime, I have no problems with popping the tops and dumping the last few bottles.

Back