how much malt extract?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conodor

Reaction score
VERY new. actually boiling my first batch now. only 40 more minutes! it was a kit. all together. a flavor the GF might like.

the problem i am having is my second batch was a can of "coopers brewery" nut-brown ale. ok the guy at the store said i needed that can, some Laaglander dried malt extract. by "ld Carlson" and some 1/2 oz of alpha? it kinda looks like the hops from the kit. but this is refrigated. in the coopers can it had a pouch of coopers yeast also. i haven't opened the can, i'm assuming it's just 1 ingreadent..? i didn't want to open it until i have the amount of malt extract needed.

ok, i think i have all the important info you may need. so my qauestion is. how much extract? i have a 3 pound bag. but no clue how much to put in.

thank you VERY much for the info. i have started reading the "brewing bible" and many sites. i hope to get up and running with all the help i cna find.

Thanks!

got the reply someplace else. for those that might have been wondering they said the entire 3 pound bag and the 1/2 oz thing is just extra hops.

thanks for reading though. i'm sure i'll ask alot more questions.

THANKS@!!!

Feel free to add a little nore. Give it a little more kick. How do you like those Cooper's instructions ? To me, they read kinda like the Aussie version of stereo instructions. If you'll either soak that yeast for a while, or add it to a pint of cooled wort while the bulk of the wort is cooling, you'll get a faster start.

Back