How much lime to add to my cider kit please??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy all, as I have posted previously I have a couple of 23L Magnum Strawberry Cider kits to make, and i have read bad reviews that there really isn’t any strawberry flavour to them. So after primary fermentation is done I am going to add 320g of blackberries that I have in the freezer from last year and I also bought a bag of half a dozen limes today but i would like some advice on how many limes to add please as I don’t really want to ruin the brew. I was thinking maybe juice and pulp of 3 limes, will that be ok or too much please?

thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Howdy all, as I have posted previously I have a couple of 23L Magnum Strawberry Cider kits to make, and i have read bad reviews that there really isn’t any strawberry flavour to them. So after primary fermentation is done I am going to add 320g of blackberries that I have in the freezer from last year and I also bought a bag of half a dozen limes today but i would like some advice on how many limes to add please as I don’t really want to ruin the brew. I was thinking maybe juice and pulp of 3 limes, will that be ok or too much please?

thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
I usually juice 2-4 lemons and/or limes but depends on how big and juicy they are. I think I add about 1.5-2 cups juice to 5-6 gal of cider. Lime adds bitterness which adds depth of flavor.

I would say they are fairly small limes so I will probably go with juice of 3 and then I know it won’t be overkill.

Attachments

• F8BBC617-7710-4564-BA2C-276B6CC2D986.jpeg
    F8BBC617-7710-4564-BA2C-276B6CC2D986.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
Back