Quantcast

how many in the pipeline?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

njviking

Reaction score
I think I've finally realized that I've crossed into obsessive territory. I was finishing up a 10 gal Batch of "mexicanish ale" and while transferring it into the fermenter took an inventory on whats on hand ready to go, conditioning and fermenting.

So on tap I have an Esb, kolsch, pale ale and a strong black ale. on deck ready to go is another kolsch, Ne ipa, brut Ipa, Big irish red and a cream ale.

Conditioning/Lagering is 10 gal BMC lager, 10 Gal mexican light lager, 5 gal marzen, 5 old, rasputin clone.

Fermenting away is another 10 gal mexican light lager, 10 mexican ale and I have another 3 beers planned for the month.

Plus various heavys in bottles and barrels.

so thats 75gal in the pipeline and another 20 planned for April..

I guess I personally go through 20 gal a month, maybe a little less. I am the guy that shares to all and shows up at gatherings with gifts of joy especially now that summer is coming.

I can't fathom the thought of having an empty space on the tap line.

I think I'm gonna start brewing 1 gal batches to scratch the itch.

How much stock do you guys keep?

TGFV

Reaction score
No where near that amount, but that's because since I have been on graveyards my time out with friends drinking has become limited, which means I am mainly brewing for myself now, which means about 5gal a month depending on strength.

Back when I was regularly sharing beer I would have 10-15 gallons bottled up and another 10 ready to be bottled at any time.

WBCo

Basement Brewmaster
Reaction score
Definitely not enough. I have a 3 tap kegerator and have never had all 3 taps on at once. My issue is that I bought a conical so I am limited to only brewing every other weekend until I buy another one. Almost all of my friends and family are beer drinkers so it goes just as fast as I can make it.

Alex4mula

Reaction score
Those volumes look more like a mini brewery! I try to have two on tap and two fermenting/conditioning (5 gal). I share but also probably drink more than I should. :-0

Nubiwan

Reaction score
In bottles I have about 20 pints each of an IPA, a Lager and a Red Ale.

I ave a red ale ready to bottle, and I am planning to make a Cider on the spent trub of my red ale. Ready for the summer.

grampamark

Icons clast. Inquire within.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 3 tap kegerator. I brewed 3 batches at the beginning of the year and by the end of January the fridge was full. I’ve brewed the last 3 Sundays and have 2 lagers and a SMaSH in the fermenters. One of my kegs kicked yesterday, the other 2 will probably last for another couple of weeks, by which time the SMaSH will be ready. The first lager is in the cold part of my basement now; I’ll probably rack it to a keg this week and leave it in the cellar in the keg for a few weeks. That will free up a fermenter so I can brew another ale in the next week which should keep me in HB until the lagers are ready.

So, I have two 5 gal batches and one 4 gal batch fermenting/conditioning and probably 4-5 gallons between the 2 kegs in the fridge. Between drinking about a gallon a week and giving some away I should have about a 2 month supply on hand. Oh wait-we have family coming over Easter weekend. What to brew next...

Jako

Reaction score
2 as of now. i try to keep at least one on the way. i knew i was getting close so i decided to whip up a blueberry honey cider to buy myself some time.

kh54s10

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I got up to about 12 different beers in unknown numbers of bottles ranging from a few to newly bottled batch of 50+. Since then I have moved, don't have as many sharing my beers so right now 3 beers bottled, one wine bottled one wine fermenting and one beer - ingredients on deck.

bleme

Reaction score
I was at about that level going into my sister's wedding, but that's not normal for me at all. I'm pretty happy if I have something in each of my 4 kegs and 5 gallons in the fermentor.

VirginiaHops1

Reaction score
I don't go through beer nearly that fast, although my wife has been drinking it a lot more lately now that I'm making NEIPAs. I do smaller 2.5-3 gal batches so I can still brew fairly frequently. Ideal for me is one keg flowing, one either carbing or freshly tapped and one fermenting. I stopped bottling because I only brew hoppy stuff and my current bottling setup sucks

Phildo253

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have 6 in the keezer (blueberry sour, blonde, orange kolsch, neipa, seltzer water, nitro milk stout).

I have 5 bottled in the fridge (milk and honey pale ale, jalapeno blonde, blonde, milk stout, spiced cider)

I have 1 keg of blonde and 1 keg of seltzer keg conditioning, so that they are ready when their respective kegs kick.

I tend to brew in spurts and end up with a ton of beer all at once and that lasts me for a while.

masskrug

Reaction score
18 Liters of a low ABV (3.0) alcohol ale
18 Liters of a SMaSH Chinook ale
18 Liters of a Mexican lager
18 Liters of an Amarillo lager
6 Liters in the fridge for tonight :D

CascadesBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For many years I have had four 5 gal kegs. Only once can I recall having beer in all of them. I almost hit that point again recently, but kicked a beer before I hit that point. I did recently add two 2.6 gal kegs to my inventory, and I do have about 2 cases of bottles right now. I have a 5 gal batch of porter that I will keg in the next week, and I plan to brew an NEIPA next weekend...but as I think about it I probably have less than 5 gals of beer between the 3 kegs in my fridge.

Reaction score
Just kegged:
5g Cream Ale
5g Czech Pils
5g NEIPA
5g 90 Shilling Scottish

Fermenting:
12g of Saison split between wlp590 and OYL-091
5g Coconut - Lime Gose

Last edited:

TGFV

Reaction score
Just kegged:
5g Cream Ale
5g Czech Pils
5g NEIPA
5g 90 Shilling Scottish

Fermenting:
12g of Saison split between wlp590 and OYL-091
5g Coconut - Lime Gose
Huh, I just bottles my 90 shilling thus week and got a lime gose and a saison fermenting away too. Not often I see people making Scottish ales that aren't wee heavies

Andrew Hodgson

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I like to brew 5-6 gallons every other weekend, keeps about 3-5 rotating around depending on if they need aging etc. I find that it works as I drink most of my beer besides a couple for friends that come by.