How many gallons of Mead, 2022!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyzaboy89

Reaction score
Happy new year everyone, let's get this show on the road and see if we can make it to 1000 this year.

Kickin' off the new year with 6 gallons of Rolanberry Mead. It's a fruit combination recipe from Final Fantasy XIV that I'm attempting to create for my wife based on the official cookbook she is in love with. Essentially, it is Cherry, Raspberry and Strawberry combined with some lemon.

6 gallons, Let's Go!

Happy new year everyone, let's get this show on the road and see if we can make it to 1000 this year.

Kickin' off the new year with 6 gallons of Rolanberry Mead. It's a fruit combination recipe from Final Fantasy XIV that I'm attempting to create for my wife based on the official cookbook she is in love with. Essentially, it is Cherry, Raspberry and Strawberry combined with some lemon.

6 gallons, Let's Go!
Damn, that sounds tasty 😋

Lets see . . . Not going to count anything started in December.

1 gallon Valheim Tasty Mead (thanks Doin The Most)
1 gallon Blueberry Pie Mead
5 gallons Blackbriar Mead
1 gallon Mandarin Mead
1 gallon Winter Wassail Punch Mead
1 gallon Strawberry Kiwi Session Mead

10 gallons

So 21 gallons for our total so far.

Lets see . . . Not going to count anything started in December.

1 gallon Valheim Tasty Mead (thanks Doin The Most)
1 gallon Blueberry Pie Mead
5 gallons Blackbriar Mead
1 gallon Mandarin Mead
1 gallon Winter Wassail Punch Mead
1 gallon Strawberry Kiwi Session Mead

10 gallons

So 21 gallons for our total so far.
You go boy. I'll be interested in hearing about your black briar melomels. Is that blackberries? And Mandarin Orange is one of the best I have ever made. And your Valheim sounds delicious.

Last edited:
You go boy. I'll be interested in hearing about your black briar melomels. Is that blackberries? And Mandarin Orange is one of the best I have ever made. And your Valheim sounds delicious.

Yeah, the Blackbriar is from the Elder Scrolls cookbook. Their mead making methods are very bad (I've learned to not follow them at all), but the recipes are very good. Blackbriar is in the Skyrim game (and possibly other TES games) and it is blackberries, cloves, cinnamon and rose hips. I scaled it up from one gallon to five gallons, except for cloves and cinnamon stick, which I'll be incrementally increasing as taste demands, to avoid overdoing those flavors. The gallon I made last year was a hit at Christmas, so I'm hoping to age most of this for next Christmas.

The Mandarin mead is mandarin oranges on orange blossom honey. Hoping to make it a session mead like an alcoholic orange crush.

The Valheim mead isn't mine, I can't really take credit for it. It's my second time making it though, since I enjoyed it the first time around.

Started and bubbling:
2 gallons of Ancient Orange Mead w/ bread yeast
2 gallons of blueberry lemon mead - WL 720 yeast
3 gallons of straight up honey mead (for now) - WL 720
2 gallons of cherry orange mead - Lavlin QA 23 yeast

9 gallons = 31.5

2 gallons Short, Peppermint Metheglin, Braggot BOMM.

Same recipe as my last short metheglin, just swapping the Tension Tamer out for the peppermint and reduced the steeped light crystal by half to 1oz/G.

31.5 + 2 = 33.5

2 1/2 gallon mason jars (with lids modified for grommets and airlocks), two traditionals, bread yeast and 71B (I wanted to see if there'd be a difference in flavor or performance), made exactly the same way (other than yeast).

So that brings us to

6 gallons, Let's Go!
well 64 gallons so far in my 14 gallon conical. a variety of fruits dried and concentrates.

Just got back into making mead. 5 gallons so far.
2 gallons semi-sweet traditional with Basswood Honey.
1 gallon Meadowfoam BOMM
1 gallon Grape Juice and Clover mead
1 gallon Pineapple mead with the Nate's honey from Brazil and Uruguay

14 gallons so far. Ten are traditionals (meadowfoam, goldenrod, buckwheat, snowberry), two are metheglins, and two are melomels. I'm probably going to do three final melomel gallons in June, and then that'll be it for the year - I primarily make mead for myself, and there's only so much I can consume in a year!

130.2 gallons + 2 gallons blackberry, 2 gallons caramel apple, 1 gallon orange, 1 gallon coffee, 1 gallon pb/banana/marshmallow = 137.2 gallons!

12+1 = 13
Started a JOAM
@Bombo80, this is not meant to be a dig @ you in any way, nor is it intended to be mean spirited, just so you understand, this is a running tally for the total gallons made for the YEAR, by the group, as a whole.

So, your last post, you added 7 gallons.
Before you added yours, the tally was 144.2 gallons + your 7 made it 151.2.
144.2 + 7 = 151.2
Plus the 1 gallon of JAOM you just made, makes the total 152.2 gallons.
151.2 + 1 = 152.2
When you add more gallons to the tally, please, make your additions @ the bottom of your post so we can keep an accurate count for the year.
Thank you so much .

Happy meading! 😎

Total gallons = 151.2 + 1 = 152.2

Last edited:
Back