How many gallons of cider in 2018?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bumping this thread to let folks add to the tally this year, as we're in cider season in the Northern hemisphere. Be sure to update the total when you add your contributions. Last year we hit 1492 gallons, let's see how we fare in 2018.

Bumping this thread to let folks add to the tally this year, as we're in cider season in the Northern hemisphere. Be sure to update the total when you add your contributions. Last year we hit 1492 gallons, let's see how we fare in 2018.
Agreed, we're way behind schedule so far this year at 269...

I suspect we're just under-reported this year. I've seen at least a dozen cider, cyser perry threads or comments, and thats just in the last 5-6 weeks. That doesn't factor in all the ones I've missed. I think we may be a long way off from 1492, but I'll bet true numbers are 2-3x higher.

+ 1 gallon guava cider
+ 1.5 gallons perry

Also making guava mead and guava kolsch, then will be able to decide which of the 3 guava brews I enjoy most. :)

389+4.5=393.5
IMG_6265.JPG

Just started two more 5 gal. batches.

397.5 + 10 = 407.5

They are my 4th & 5th batches this calendar year.

We're Cider fanatics so we mainly make cider and have had a good experimental year. Our first batch started Oct 16, 2017 so we're just getting into it and wanted to try a variety of yeasts, juices, flavors, ages etc.

Batches started in 2018:

24 gallons fresh pressed (final pressing from 2017)
6 gallon blend of frozen fresh pressed and store juice
42 gallons store bought juice
30 gallons fresh pressed (2018 season so far, I'm sure I'll be adding more here soon)
------------------
102 gallons

412.5 + 102 = 514.5

407.5+100.= 507.5 I have made at least a 100 gallons this year. I own a small apple orchard, and have to do something will all my apples;) . I still have a lot of unpressed apples, I hope to make at least another 100 gallons.

512.5+6 gallons MO2 + 3 gallons Wyeast cider + 6 gallons ec1118 + 1 gallon perry= 528.5

407.5+100.= 507.5 I have made at least a 100 gallons this year. I own a small apple orchard, and have to do something will all my apples;) . I still have a lot of unpressed apples, I hope to make at least another 100 gallons.

Where are you located?

Two new 6 gallon batches arrived tonight!

Well, one is more like 6.5 gallons.

This will be our first wild cider and our first time using S-05 yeast! [emoji482] [emoji482]

645.5 + 12.5 = 658

I’m at 85 gallons this year. Previous best was 35 gallons in a year. I went in on a small commercial grinder / mill that has made all the difference. I’ve already bottled 7 gallons of pumpkin-spiced cider, 5 gallons of hatch chili cider, and 5 gallons of plain cider (all dry). A few yeast experiments (Belgian ale and saison, some wild fermented, some champagne yeast, some d-47, and some British ale yeast).

658 + 85 = 743

We just picked up two 6 gallon carboys of fresh pressed from a "hard cider" blend of apples.

One 5 gallon batch with S04, one 5 gallon batch with english cider yeast.
Two experimental 1 gallon batches with a blend of Cuvee and Classique yeasts at varying levels.

Very different than the traditional fresh cider we usually pick up, albeit significantly more expensive per gallon. We're pretty "excidered" about these!

749 + 12 = 761

Back