How many gallons of cider in 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started 40 gallons last Friday. Gotta get those end or the year batches in!

904 + 40 = 944

Booyaah! Happy New year everyone! Cheers!

Gonna be cracking open some 2013 Raspberry Cider (sparkling of course) to ring in the new year.

I am in AWE! For all of you even close to 1000 gallons, that's over 19 gallons a week?!!!

Are you giving it away or drinking it (or hopefully both? )

If your consumption matches production, that's 2.7 gallons a day

I feel so much better about my habit now. Can't wait to show the wife this thread. [emoji519][emoji6]

I am in AWE! For all of you even close to 1000 gallons, that's over 19 gallons a week?!!!

Are you giving it away or drinking it (or hopefully both? )

If your consumption matches production, that's 2.7 gallons a day

I feel so much better about my habit now. Can't wait to show the wife this thread. [emoji519][emoji6]

Perhaps you misunderstood... The 1000+ gallons was a running total of all who posted in this thread. No single party here made 1000 gallons in a year.

Perhaps you misunderstood... The 1000+ gallons was a running total of all who posted in this thread. No single party here made 1000 gallons in a year.

Yes, that apparently needed some clarification for some folks! Just as an FYI, I personally made 12 gallons of cider this year... (in addition to the beer and wine).

I bottled 25 gal. Most started in 2014. The last of which was consumed over Christmas & New Years. Most of mine is consumed buy family during gatherings with some just by me at home.

My contribution was about 15 gallons for 2015. About half of it was consumed as young cider during the year, the rest of it is aging in secondary for future consumption. I scored a small keg for Christmas, and am looking forward to kegging a gallon of mixed berry cider for Memorial day. It'll be 7 months old by then. Mmmmm, cider.

OK, when then my wife has a right to be concerned. Just checked the notes, Cider #16 was the first batch in 2015, and #38 was the last pitch in Dec, so at 5 gallons a batch that puts me at....

110 gallons for the year. Of course, 75% of that has been in the past 3 months, my brew kettle is covered in dust.

1002 + 12(MarkKF) + 25(WilliamSlayer) + 110 = 1,149...

Who has the last gallon to even it up?

Bottled two batches of homemade cider in 2015.

+5 gallons Northern Spy Saison
+6 gallons spontaneous fermentation

= 1,160

Back