How Many Gallons Brewed in 2023

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+5.5 gal of some English porter/brown ale something or another.
= 1776.75.

Had roasted my own malts from MO. Should be a close approximation to biscuit and brown malts. Also using up a tiny bit of black Malt for a little more color because why not.

Should be doing another batch tomorrow morning - MO/EKG smash. Might do a 5.25 batch size to round the total out again.

@mjdonnelly68 I brewed your Carl's Mailbox recipe a while back and it made a very nice beer, thanks for sharing it. I used WY2042 Danish lager instead of Copenhagen lager but they are pretty similar.
That's great to hear - glad it turned out for you. I'll have to try the WY2042 Danish Lager yeast - the Copenhagen Lager yeast is sometimes hard to come by. I'm also planning on trying Cellar Science's German Lager Yeast (Dry). I'll let you know how that comes out. Cheers!

That's great to hear - glad it turned out for you. I'll have to try the WY2042 Danish Lager yeast - the Copenhagen Lager yeast is sometimes hard to come by. I'm also planning on trying Cellar Science's German Lager Yeast (Dry). I'll let you know how that comes out. Cheers!
WY2042 is in the private collection so you need to watch for it to get released. I see that WLP815 Belgian Lager yeast is coming out for the summer seasonal release, it is also similar to Wy2024 and Copenhagen lager.

Back