How many corny's fit in a mini fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moorerm04

Reaction score
I am getting ready to build a kegerator actually my first. I have a kegging kit coming with two 5 gallon soda kegs and I didn't know if I could get them to fit into a standard mini fridge? I am asking this because I am Craig's list searching of the proper refrigerator. Hope you guys can help!

That would depend on the fridge. A lot of people make a keezer. That is a chest freezer converted to take the kegs. Usually using a temperature controller.

kh54s10 said:
That would depend on the fridge. A lot of people make a keezer. That is a chest freezer converted to take the kegs. Usually using a temperature controller.

Yeah I have seen many of those, but due to limited space SWMBO would not allow a chest freezer in the spare bedroom, plus we are talking 2 corny's not 3 or 4 like I see in most keezer's

I just reread my post and it sounds a little snippy! Sorry for that.

I do not keg but I would imagine that 2, like the other respond-er, is the most you can hope for.

I know that when people are converting them for fermentation control most of them have to have the inside of the door altered to fit 1 carboy.

I had similar space issues. I have a taller mini fridge that came from Sears. It's roughly the same footprint as a mini fridge, but taller. I can cram 4 into mine. I think it was around 9 cu ft. Unfortunately, I don't think they sell that one anymore, and it was expensive.

I can fit one pinlock in mine. It has a freezer compartment in it. Pinlocks are too wide for two, ball locks are thin enough but too tall to fit the connections on.

Back