How many Cornies do you own?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoundForBeer

Reaction score
I have 13 5 gal and 1 3 gal in my collection and I'm just wondering how many cornies people have out there....Maybe to give me a reason to buy some more!

I had 5 (only had all 5 filled once), and just purchased 8 more. Plan is to go all pressurized ferments for most brews, and attempt to get rid of all plastic and carboys. So 2-6 of those will be used as primaries at any given time, and the rest will be serving vessels.

I also have a 7.5 gallon sankey that I havent returned to the beer distributor yet. I plan to use that for higher gravity beers and/or wits that will have a lot of krausen.

I have 15 I got them about 15 years ago when you could kind of find them laying around everywhere.

I currently have 14, I feel I need more though, I have BEAD (Brewing Equipment Acquisition Disorder) so I am always looking for more stuff to stash away, maybe someday I will be on 'Hoarders' half buried under kegs, carboys, airlocks, etc.

I have 12, had 20 but sold 8 to recoup some costs of my Electric system.

Now I just need to get the parts to actually use em!

I have 3 but have never had more than one filled at a time. I guess I drink too fast. :mug:

30-35.

Like to keep cider and mead (and big beers) around in them for a long time, like to clean at least 4 at a time, like to always have at least 4 clean. That all adds up to needing a lot.

kpr121 said:
I had 5 (only had all 5 filled once), and just purchased 8 more. Plan is to go all pressurized ferments for most brews, and attempt to get rid of all plastic and carboys. So 2-6 of those will be used as primaries at any given time, and the rest will be serving vessels.

I also have a 7.5 gallon sankey that I havent returned to the beer distributor yet. I plan to use that for higher gravity beers and/or wits that will have a lot of krausen.

Sounds interesting, can you describe how this is done or link?

Also, to answer the op, I have 7 5-gal, all ball lock.

7. keggerator holds 6. I need more... much more. I was always holding out for this place that had them reconditioned for 6 for $100, but they were always out. I guess I got lucky the first time.

11. ALWAYS on the hunt for more at a reasonable price.

(hint, hint, hint)

cornykeg.com

When in stock, get the $14 clearance kegs. If you want ball lock instead of pin lock, just get the conversion kit for an additional $10. $24 for a ball lock is not a bad deal.

Only 2, and both have beer in them. I plan on buying one every time I buy ingredients, less painful that way.

Only 6 for now. Only had them all in use at one time though, usually have 2-3 rotating through the fridge (key word...usually). Always looking for more so I can age and naturally carbonate.

5, which is just the right amount for now. I can fit all of them in my fridge, with CO2, and it's just enough of a challenge to try to keep them filled.
4547495926_f7f96b621a.jpg

Back