How many Cornies do you own?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
14 five gallon and 4 three gallon kegs.

I need another three gallon and at least a couple more five gallon.

I have 4 and no tap setup yet. I have the regulator and #20 Co2 tank but just havent had the money to buy all the fittings, hoses ect. Somr day soon after I build an addition on my house, wife has a baby in november, buy a tractor&bushhog, new lawnmower, and a newer truck I might have the extra cash. Some day:cross:

7, 5 gallon cornies at the moment, but will need more. I'm putting together my 5 tap fridge this weekend.:rockin:

I "own" 2, but they're still in the custody of UPS.

I have the fridge space for 4 (or 3 if I succumb to the temptation of much lower prices on pin-locks....), but I'm going to have to do some serious upgrading to the rest of my pipeline before I'll be able to even keep 4 filled...

With my current number of carboys, I figure I can keep 2 on tap and 2 conditioning/carbing at any give time if (and this is a BIG "if") I slow down a bit on how fast it seems to go. Or supplement with commercial (you know, in the name of having enough bottles on hand.... :))

In all seriousness, I'm more concerned about how I'm going to keep 4 filled than I am with 4 being "enough".

I just recently hit the triple digits, I now have 101 five gallon kegs. A mix of ball lock and pin lock, but more than half pin lock at this point.

I have around 80 filled with something right now. I do annual meads and ciders that I age long term that take up more and more kegs each year. I am almost ready for my 5 year vertical tasting (oldest mead and cider is from 2006, and I have multiple kegs for each from there). My oldest beer is only from 2007 though, and I need to make more high gravity beers to age for the long term.

I built a walk-in cooler this past summer so I could keep all my kegs refrigerated, as well as ferment as much beer as I needed (dual-zone cooler).

I just recently hit the triple digits, I now have 101 five gallon kegs. A mix of ball lock and pin lock, but more than half pin lock at this point.

I have around 80 filled with something right now. I do annual meads and ciders that I age long term that take up more and more kegs each year. I am almost ready for my 5 year vertical tasting (oldest mead and cider is from 2006, and I have multiple kegs for each from there). My oldest beer is only from 2007 though, and I need to make more high gravity beers to age for the long term.

I built a walk-in cooler this past summer so I could keep all my kegs refrigerated, as well as ferment as much beer as I needed (dual-zone cooler).

Winner!! :mug:

I have 18 five gallon and 2 three gallon... all ball lock. I am inspired by this thread to buy more!! :D

Good God I am jealous.

gnef said:

Holy crap. No wonder keg prices have increased, you obviously have the supply while most have the demand. Spare a few?

Nice, I said in another thread 100 wasn't too much. I am limited by how many I can cold store. I need a walk-in. I just don't like building stuff.

21 5 gallon, and 1 2.5 gallon. Never seem to have more than 6 or 7 filled at a time, and still search Craigslist on a daily basis looking for more. I'd really like to pick up a few more of the 2.5 or 3 gallon ones, as well as a 10 gallon one. The only problem I have is I'm too cheap to pay a lot. Never spent more than $20/keg.

4 devoted to beer, 2 devoted to cider, and one dedicated to red bull. That's all I need, as I have 4 secondaries.

I have 12. Used to have around 25, sold a lot on craigslist. I had two ten gallon cornys which are very rare, sold those on craigs too

I just bought 3 for 90$ shipped not too bad I thought, half wish I had more but I guess here in lies the problem... I don't have a kegarator or anything of the sort yet I'm still looking for them searching this site every Half hour lol

I bought 500 in a lot a few years ago, selling 200 was the break even point, and I kept the best 50, the worst 50 & enough spares to fix the worst 50, so Id say I have around 130 or so pin locks, still have 20 or so ball locks that I'm phasing out. Id say 100 are full now, but most of the full ones are for specialty stuff. I have 3 or 4 kegs that are in super high rotation of house beers.

Nice! That would've been amazing if I could've bought 500, sold 200, and kept 300 for essentially free. I've had to buy mine little by little, and for quite a bit of money at that!

I bought 500 in a lot a few years ago, selling 200 was the break even point, and I kept the best 50, the worst 50 & enough spares to fix the worst 50, so Id say I have around 130 or so pin locks, still have 20 or so ball locks that I'm phasing out. Id say 100 are full now, but most of the full ones are for specialty stuff. I have 3 or 4 kegs that are in super high rotation of house beers.

Wow... Just wow. I think we have the King of Cornies right here! 150! That sir is pure awesome.

I've got serious envy. I only own 8. Four in the kegorator and four ready to rotate in. Need more as it doesn't provide much of a buffer if all kegs in the fridge blow out near the same time.

5, which is just the right amount for now. I can fit all of them in my fridge, with CO2, and it's just enough of a challenge to try to keep them filled.
4547495926_f7f96b621a.jpg

I'd have a problem keeping my kegs filled if I lived in Santa Rosa rather than Kansas City ;)

I'm not far from Marion. If you're serious about phasing out the ball locks, let me know!

Back