How long is cider good in the bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmLo

Reaction score
Just bottled my 3rd batch of cider, and I was wondering how long it is safe to leave it in the bottle? I have sanitised, but there are no preservatives. Does the alcohol and sterile environment keep it good for months? A year? Longer?

Just bottled my 3rd batch of cider, and I was wondering how long it is safe to leave it in the bottle? I have sanitised, but there are no preservatives. Does the alcohol and sterile environment keep it good for months? A year? Longer?

Depending on the ABV (more alcohol = more preservative effect) and the storage conditions, a year to five years is about right.

I left a batch of cider that I made with no manufactured yeast in the original oak whiskey bbl that I made it in for 12 years and it kept getting better and better by the year .Wonder how much difference there is storing cider in glass compared to oak bbl's.

Latest posts

Back