How do you transport your refilled/full CO2 tank w/o a truck?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and if you have to use oxygen on prescription those cylinders go in the car!

Where I get my cylinders filled they have a special pump between the big cylinders and the receiving cylinders to get the pressure and fill right, otherwise it's a law of diminishing returns connecting one big cylinder to a small one. As the pressure / fill of the larger cylinder falls you will not get such a good fill on your receiving cylinder.

I gather HB shops are most likely filling smaller tanks of a large commercial size tank. I think it's no longer high pressure liquid CO2 once it's transferred that way.

I think its still liquid else they wouldn't be able to achieve the filled weight.
Maybe the big tank has a dip tube, never really inspected one.

But it's strange when I get my propane tanks filled at a major supplier they don't bat an eye at me putting propane tanks inside a vehicle.
If either one leaked enough to do its thing it would be a bad day for the occupant. Nonetheless most people I see just put it in the trunk.
I fear getting rear-ended more than a leak of my propane, but I do keep the windows down for the trip home.

But it's strange when I get my propane tanks filled at a major supplier they don't bat an eye at me putting propane tanks inside a vehicle.

I had a crossover vehicle and was told at a Tractor Supply, that the limit for them was five propane bottles inside a car, no limit in the bed of a truck.

Go figure, as to how five is the safe limit.

I had a crossover vehicle and was told at a Tractor Supply, that the limit for them was five propane bottles inside a car, no limit in the bed of a truck.

Go figure, as to how five is the safe limit.
One time when someone tried to transport six bottles a war broke out, The next Covid variant peaked, the economy tanked, and a wife somewhere told her husband that he was right. They had to draw a line.

I used to have mine filled at a fire equipment supply. They always told me to keep it upright for about 30 minutes. I think it was due to the temperature needing to regulate.

Latest posts

Back