How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome! :mug:

Please let us know how you found HomeBrewTalk.com ....
Homebound because of COVID 19 social distancing, it's raining and the golf course is closed. I am starting to brew a small batch using an Instapot. Then, of course, the internet.

Like other members have mentioned, I Googled an issue and found several solutions through this forum.

I was searching for a question I had about my Brooklyn Brewshop kit when I came across the UK version of this forum. I joined the UK site yesterday and this one today when one of the mods alerted me to the availability of a US version of the forum :)

I joined this site back in Dec 22 2014 and am just now introducing myself (just noticed actually). I was looking online researching electric brewing and found a link to HBT. I started out making wine in about 1995 and then got in to homebrewing in 2000 because I was tired of waiting a year or more to enjoy my work. I started like everyone else LME, DME in the kitchen. I moved to AG after about a year and a half. I am a traditional German brewer but also brew a mean Scottish ale. I had to retire from telecommunications field engineering after a horrible motorcycle accident in 2011 and destroying my beautiful Harley. I now have a state-the-art electric brewery in my backyard that I built with a little help from my friends and family. I really love this hobby and there isn't a better group of people anywhere. Prost!

Last edited:
Welcome! :mug:

Please let us know how you found HomeBrewTalk.com ....
I found your site while scouring the internet with questions that I was asking too late because my 1st batch had been in the fermentation vessel for almost 2 weeks already. I needed to know if it was going to be skunky because of temperature fluctuations during fermentation. Its an IPA kit I got for father's day. I will bottle today. I guess we'll see if its a success in a couple weeks... The temperature was moving between 68 and 73F btw.

I was ready to buy a homebrew kit from Amazon, when I read some of the reviews recommending the book "How to Brew," by John J Palmer. So I ordered the book and searched for some information online and came across your forum.

Brewing searches have landed me here many times - and I've enjoyed always enjoyed reading the discussions here. Finally got around to signing up. Look forward to sharing :)

When I first got interested in brewing, I tried to research all I could before actually starting. No matter what brewing subject I googled, I would always eventually wind up reading threads from this site. Took about six months before i realized i should just join and get in on the fun.

As an aside, this is the first and only forum site of any kind that I've actually created an account for and participated in. It will probably be the only one too. I love this site.

found you on the internet, I,m from New Zealand,a newcomer at this caper and would like the rest of the worlds knowledge on this cider & wine making so i dont kill anyone with the brew!!!!

It's harder to kill someone with a brew than you might think! Assuming you didn't cough on it before handing it off ;p

I Googled for a brewer forum and this was on top of the list. I joined because it was very active.

I was researching pineapple wine and if there is such a thing as 'overprocessing' the fruit like what Eckraus suggests. This was the first forum with mention of pineapple wine, so, i joined. 😁:rock:.

I've been doing some extract brewing in the last few months and started researching how I might be able to improve my processes and equipment, and that lead me here. I lurked for a while, and finally signed in the other day :D

I just finished my second brew. First time was an all in one kit for small batch all grain brew. I finally had the time to brew again and wanted to know more about the process. Got some more equipment and a few books. The questions that I had to google almost always led me here, so I figure it is time to sign up. Looks like a great resource for all kinds of beer brewing knowledge

I came across a Craigtube video on youtube that convinced me it was possible for me to brew my own beer and he mentioned this forum. My mission in the beginning was to make the best beer possible with the least amount of expenditure utilizing methods such as no-chill biab with voile curtain, crushing grain with a corona mill and pitching yeast slurry. No you don't need fancy equipment to make good beer and sometimes you just have to buck the popular consensus and try things out to see for yourself.

Duckduckgo.com. Was looking for an online web forum for wine making that was well organized and at least somewhat polite. The only other one (besides this one) I could find was based in the UK, so I opted for the more local group.

Google search, on the quest to figure out how much K meta powder to use. Found the answer I was looking for, and a lot of questions I didn’t know I wanted to answer.

Latest posts

Back