How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed there is a thread for "wine, cider, Mead, and sake". However, there is no discussion on sake. How can anyone post a question about sake? Also, how can I start a discussion in that thread? Can seem to find a way.
Thanks

I noticed there is a thread for "wine, cider, Mead, and sake". However, there is no discussion on sake. How can anyone post a question about sake? Also, how can I start a discussion in that thread? Can seem to find a way.
Thanks
All the discussion I could find about sake was under "Winemaking".

Thanks

i too want to learn how to make sake....just in case inbev tried sterilizing my feed grain barley....i got spores, i've even got a clean plate in a petri dish, just haven't gotten around to trying it in a filter patch bag with rice....

with my malting i consider myself a brown belt in the alcoholic game, but would love to move up to black with mold conversion.....

I am a moderator, as are:
Yooper
JohnSand
Kent88
IslandLizzard
Pappers_
doug293cz
HBT Moderator
Cool beans. I would like to open a thread just for sake. There are some conversations on sake under the wine making thread but it's hard for people to find. I wouldn't have found it if someone hadn't told me. Sake is becoming more and more popular and the process is more like brewing beer than making wine. Under the heading Wine Mead and Sake would be great. Can someone do this for me please? Let me know if I need to do anything.
Thanks

I see you have found the Sake thread. Shouldn't need to start another one.

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

But I'm not the only person that looking. Would it hurt you to make a sticky?
I'm going to say that there is not a high enough level of interest to warrant a "sticky." We do have a search function that will help members find threads about sake.

Any further discussion of this topic (a sticky for sake) should occur via Private Conversation with mods. Any more posts on this topic, in this thread, will be deleted, since they are off-topic for this thread.

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

Hi all... I hope this virus is treating everyone ok... I was just looking for info on Neipas and yeast...
Been all grain brewing for a little while now, but have a heap to learn..
Cheers..

Been using the uk "sister site" for a couple of years, needed some new beer related reading so joined up here. Spotted a few familiar names.
Some great threads, thoroughly enjoyed the growing hops from seed one.
I'll probably not post much unless some scottish brewing preconceptions need challenging!

hmmm, swear there was more a bit ago......@jeff... around drunks, it's not so much thick skin as super tolerant solvent running through you're blood.... lol

edit: and to stay on topic, lol, if i ever forget about this place, i know i can regain my glory...google "crappy homebrewer" and revisit it! lol

I googled Nano Brewing forum... and here I am. I have a great space to start brewing, I'm researching what system to purchase. In June I'll be taking a weekend course hosted by Brewha in Victoria BC. Cheers!

How Do All ,
I also blog about old beers and brewing !
Thanks for accepting me onto the forum ,I was reminded of it by a Twitter friend , Ben ; Thanks for the reminder mate ,
Cheers
Edd

After reading a bunch of answers that came up on various google searches, I figured, I might as well join and become part of the community.

Been making meads for a long time (almost 20 years!) but only over the last couple have I really started getting into the science of it, and learning how to make better and more repeatable meads.

Lately, I have been searching for good Gluten Free Beer, and finding none on the market, I have determined that I am going to have to make my own. That's a pretty intimidating step, as my favorite beers are dark stouts and ales, and as far as I can tell that means jumping straight into the all or partial grain brewing, plus all of the complications of GF grains!

Hi, While searching online for any and all information I could find on Home/Craft Brewing!!! Seems like this place is a wealth of knowledge and can't wait to participate in some discussions. But right now I'm a total newbie and haven't even done one batch yet...... But real soon

The online research rabbit hole led me here. After deciding to order rhizomes, I then started looking for help/tips/ideas. So much experience here to glean from.

Latest posts

Back