How cold is it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We never got out of the 20's yesterday, and we had a rather stiff breeze from the north/northwest. The way my house is situated, when we get those cold north/northwest winds, my family room stays quite cool. In order to stay warm in there yesterday afternoon and evening, we had two electric space heaters running constantly. Today? Light winds and current temp of 24°F with a high in the upper 30's. And we're supposed to be in the low 50's tomorrow! Woohoo! Bring on the bikinis!

glenn514:mug:

We never got out of the 20's yesterday, and we had a rather stiff breeze from the north/northwest. The way my house is situated, when we get those cold north/northwest winds, my family room stays quite cool. In order to stay warm in there yesterday afternoon and evening, we had two electric space heaters running constantly. Today? Light winds and current temp of 24°F with a high in the upper 30's. And we're supposed to be in the low 50's tomorrow! Woohoo! Bring on the bikinis!

The last thing I want to think about is you in a bikini, Glenn...especially with that profile picture running though my mind.

:eek:

40 today with rain on the way. Too bad it's going to change to snow, but I think that's tomorrow and it's not going to stick. We've lost a bunch of snow already. The snowbanks by my driveway are now only about as high as my shoulders.

A couple of years back I picked up a few ticks on St. Pats day. This year they are under 3' of snow and ice.

We stayed above freezing overnight, and LOTS of the snow is now gone. The forecast for today is lightly scattered slush and overnight temp back below freezing. The highs for the remainder of the week are all above 32°F, with a possible high on Friday near SIXTY degrees! Methinks I should pull the battery out of the Gold Wing and put it on the charger!

We lost a bunch yesterday and it's raining a little bit this morning. Kind of freezing very slightly, but it's warming up. Tonight it will cool down and snow a little, but not supposed to get any real accum. More of the yard is cleared, but probably still 90% snow covered.

We finally melted enough snow that I should be able to get the inflatable Christmas decorations out of the front yard. I think I may inflate then to try and dry them out a bit first, just to see what the neighbors think...

About zero this AM and looks the same for tomorrow. Nearly the end of March and the maple sap isn't running. Usually it is about over now. I should be turning ground in 2 weeks and I still have nearly 3 feet of dense ice pack. The deer are devouring cedars and hemlocks, basically starving. If the weather breaks so the fields melt I have 12 or 13 acres of winter rye they can have. Maybe they will make it.

Was -26C this morning (-15F) I'm really getting sick of it. Just the other day it was +2C (36F) and I was happily shoveling off the deck in a t-shirt. Can't wait to just relax on the deck with a homebrew...

It's a beautiful (+) 25° up here in arctic Alaska today. I'm just happy that it's above zero right now.

The great white north

it was 37 & snowing again when we got back home from da tax man about 2:34pm. Matter of fact it started snowing before we walked out of the office. Where the hell is spring???:mad:

Yesterday, we awoke to a fresh dusting of snow! The temp never made it out of the 20's! We are currently sitting at 12°F...but things will improve, so I am told. Forecast is calling for a high in the 60's...SIXTIES!!!...on Sunday! Gotta get my bike battery on the charger, because Sunday sounds like a day for a little scoot!

Cold last night. Supposed to be mid 20s today I think, but 40 tomorrow and high 30s into 40s the next several days. I'm going to tap a few maples and see what I can get.

WHY do I live in thsi cold ass tax me to death state????

Last night at 9:30 I went to walk my Great Dane. It was 22 degrees with 40 mph winds. Me and Luther froze our balls off in 2 mins.

WTF it's almost April. :smack:

Should be a pretty nice day round here as they are calling for a high of 71. I hope to not see another day like yesterday where snowflakes the size of those little dishes that go under teacups were falling along with rain, sleet, and every version of liquid moisture falling from the sky, until this fall upcoming autumn.

Today? Forecast is 64°F and cloudy. Rest of the week? Upper 30's and lower 40's. No happy medium! [I met a happy medium once, but I digress.] Looks like mid 50's next week. And 99% of the snow is gone. Gotta get the bike battery on the charger!!!!

It was 50 when I got up,69 this afternoon. Sunny but gusty winds. A decent day for once,got to take my jacket off.

Wind is up. It's chilly and throwing ice and freezing rain. And one of my sap buckets tipped over. Not a great day. But at least we're not going to get a foot of snow like they say the UP is going to get!

Mid 40's here today with full sun and with a low of 16 this AM. At least things are improving, sap is running a little. We expect the midwest rain and slop tomorrow evening through Sat. morning. We are hoping for just rain now, ever so tired of treating roads. There is still 20" to 24" of ice pack in my fields and bare ground is starting to show under trees somewhat.

Yesterday was a cold, damp, windy day. However, we dodged the bullet...the snowstorm missed us! The next ten days have high temps in the 40's and 50's...typical for this time of year. And 99.9999% of the snow is GONE! That means I can get into my shed and get some work done around here!

Cold rain & gusty winds all day yesterday. Still raining with flood warnings today. But 41 when I got up,up to 50F at the moment. Def need a new sump pump.

This morning I was working ground for the last of my late corn plantings and the grandson of the founder of the construction company that manages my sand pits came down to re-stockpile the previously frozen winter road sand. Down at the bottom of the pile was snow and ice still.

Twas a cold winter and cool spring but with a non-typical, very low number of frosts since the beginning of May. Upper 80's now.

Back