How are breweries doing during the pandemic?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GratefulBear

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know my local craft brewery is still in business but they've taken some big hits. Haven't heard of any going out of business around me in MA. I know that their in-house services are down but people tend to drink plenty during times like these.. How are breweries faring in your parts of the country (or world)?

Here in Western NY they seem to be weathering the storm. The small nano brewery who supports our home brew club is feeling the impact but they are making ends meet and getting by but it’s a struggle. Their numbers are way down b/c they don’t distribute except for a couple of small local bars and restaurants but those stopped serving for the longest time. I’m happy they were in a good spot before this and able to keep things going.
I feel others are in the same boat but the larger more popular breweries are still selling out cans and bottles of some of their beers the day it’s released.

I can only speak for one down the street that used to be strictly a LHBS but now is a microbrewery. I know he's selling out on beer-to-go growlers and six-packs...appears to be doing well! The place had its opening at some point right after the pandemic started...so I'm not sure how it would have compared to the tasting room being open.

the only beer around here is ABInBev as far as the eye can see....as far as i know their doing fine.....as far as Nano brew, i'm managing to keep most of my kegs full...

Here in CT many breweries are weathering the storm. Many were doing beer to go and curbside until Gov Lamont opened up the outdoor seating.

As a dad of three kids under 4 beer to go has been a blessing!

Last edited:
Back