how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"canned ravioli" reminds me...

1076.jpg

Chiefs’ mess hall is the only good food on a ship. Especially when the Chef is Philipino.

we had a 2nd generation Italian MS1 (not sure they have the MS rating anymore) and if he had duty in-port on a weekend, we were having hand-made stromboli

he eventually got booted for missing ship's movement and when he got back on board, he pulled a knife on his DivO

I had duty in a chiefs mess and officers mess. Officers mess wasn’t much better than the general mess hall, less crowded. Always loved cutting the line with my flight deck jacket though. 6531

CG has many small units, often with only one cook. The quality of the food depends entirely on his skill and dedication. We had a southerner cooking at a boat station in NY once. He told me he was thinking of making pizza, but he didn't have any of that "mozz-er-ella". He was thinking of using American cheese. I told him I'd shoot him. I think we had chicken.

best advice my Dad ever gave: if you're going to join the military, join the navy or the air force... the food is better

glad I took that advice. joined the navy, 4 hots, a cot and an a/c workspace.

tho that 4th hot wasn't much better than what you ground pounders & jarheads had... I'll never eat a canned ravioli ever again
Thanks your for service. You're right about the food. When we got warm breakfast I seem to recall the saying, Green eggs and Ham, Sam I am. Which was true.

Chiefs’ mess hall is the only good food on a ship. Especially when the Chef is Philipino.
When I was in college in 1989 I had a friend stationed at the naval Base is Charleston, SC. He was the officer of the day one Saturday and invited me onboard for a tour. I remember having the best ribs in the mess hall! It was also cool that as the OD we went right to the front of the line [emoji6]

Ribs? Must have been late September. Near the end of the fiscal year was when we were served the better food.

Eating dinner one time with fellow sonar tech (nickname was "Scupper") and he found a piece of gum fried to his chicken. Apparently one of the cooks spit his gum out into the batter. Cook got NJP & lost a paygrade for that

I wish I knew who was in charge of naming them. I have a few ideas....

How about the The Pastie White Indoor All The Time Texting All Day Long Won't Do A Damn Thing Useful Generation.

For the record, I have 3 of these teenage beasts living in my home as we speak so I am both (A) qualified to have an opinion on the problem and (B) *am* the problem.

I believe Gen Z is the working name for them. One author has proposed the name iGen since they have pretty much only known the world since the cell/smart phone came into wide spread use. That author figured 1996 was the end of Millennials and beginning of Gen Z

Trouble is, the youngest generation doesn't appear to have an official name yet. And they're the ones I'm *really* worried about.
I'm going for "It sucks to be you" generation. The previous 4 have managed to fluck our climate up and polluted our enviorment in the name of economic prosperity, ensured one has to make $120,000/yr to have any enjoyable life style, ensured Bachelor degrees are useless, in addition, a degree puts one in massive debt in the first place. What a great way to start out life. Yep, sucks to be them!

If I have to hear "but it's JUICY!" one more time trying to entice me to drink a yeast starter, someone is going home with fewer intact organs than they arrived with

WTF? Is that a thing? I Guess if someone thought eating a Tide pod was a good idea, a yeast starter shouldn’t surprise me, but really???!

Back