how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

Reaction score
I wonder...could one cobble up an uber light weight low Cd solar panel trailer that could keep one moving hours longer than without?

Cheers!
It would have to be several miles long, and the power required to tow it would cancel out whatever solar energy it could produce. Other parasitic energy costs: rolling resistance of trailer tires, friction from hub bearings, aerodynamic drag, etc.

day_trippr

Structural Duct Tape Sales Engineer
Reaction score
Well...I wasn't looking for an infinite solution here :)
Just a "range extender"...

Cheers!

day_trippr

Structural Duct Tape Sales Engineer
Reaction score
Lol!

But, back to the proposition...I don't think air resistance would be an issue at all if the "solar trailer" frontal area was below the transom height of the towing vehicle - it would ride in the "shadow" of the car. High pressure/low rolling resistance tires on said trailer would contribute to efficiency without noticeable impact on tow vehicle occupants.

It seems fairly evident that the future includes extraordinarily impacts....

Cheers!

jpitz31

Wild Yeast Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
6m4gat.jpg

wetmk

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My husband always gets a little miffed when I have to open the cooler before we set up the tent....mainly because setting up the tent is usually the prelude to a few matrimonial arguments. (that's NOT where that goes! YES it is I have the instructions right here! MY FRIEND said to do it this way! FINE do it yourself! *fwoosh of beer can*)

Sometimes the matrimonial discord starts before setting up the tent:

Bride: Why are you bringing your biggest pot camping?
Me: Well, Tommy asked me how I brewed beer. I thought it would be cool to show him.
Bride: You gotta be effin kidding me.
Me: What's the big deal? We have the space to bring all this stuff.
Bride: Growls under her breath.

Steeping grains, hops, and 6 pounds of DME and I showed Tom how to make beer on a camping trip. I did have to buy a no-chill cube to make it work though.

Reaction score
My favorite is you go a restaurant, you get seated by a host person, you have a server introduce themselves, you place your order, the food arrives and then someone you have never seen comes by to ask if everything is ok. There are so many possible replies, but I always tell my wife that I want to ask, "Who the f#ck are you, and why do you care."

Stormcrow

Reaction score
My favorite is you go a restaurant, you get seated by a host person, you have a server introduce themselves, you place your order, the food arrives and then someone you have never seen comes by to ask if everything is ok. There are so many possible replies, but I always tell my wife that I want to ask, "Who the f#ck are you, and why do you care."
I'm just gonna start asking random tables of people if they're enjoying their meal as I leave the restaurant. Win win. I get a kick out of it, and maybe their real server gets a bigger tip.

GrogNerd

mean old man
Reaction score

& your "server" is never the one who actually serves your food