how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1656192052100.png

My husband always gets a little miffed when I have to open the cooler before we set up the tent....mainly because setting up the tent is usually the prelude to a few matrimonial arguments. (that's NOT where that goes! YES it is I have the instructions right here! MY FRIEND said to do it this way! FINE do it yourself! *fwoosh of beer can*)

Heck!! Same boat... only I began drinking to prepare for it, as as soon as it was set up I was off getting drunk with the hostess whose farm the party was on. (....and sometimes not returning to the tent at night :p )

My husband always gets a little miffed when I have to open the cooler before we set up the tent....mainly because setting up the tent is usually the prelude to a few matrimonial arguments. (that's NOT where that goes! YES it is I have the instructions right here! MY FRIEND said to do it this way! FINE do it yourself! *fwoosh of beer can*)
We used to call those "two beer projects." These days we just pull into camp, plug in (or start the generator) and pop a cool one. 'Glamping' is so much more sophisticated than camping.

My wife has, literally, dozens of cousins on her Mom’s side. Many of them lived reasonably close to a small county park where most of us had grown up camping. Several times during the summer there would be a somewhat impromptu family reunion where those of us in the vicinity would meet at the park. Everybody had some camping shelter, mostly older, well used, small trailers of some sort.

One of her cousins and his wife had chosen a well used, hard sided, pop up camper. They didn’t get the instructions with it when they bought it, so watching them try to remember how to put which part into place in which order was quite a production.

When one of these gatherings was kinda, sorta, planned, most of us would try to get to the park, and get our campers set up, before the show began. When this cousin and his bride arrived in camp, someone would shout “Leonard and Margie are here!”. Everyone already on site would grab a cooler and a lawn chair and we’d sit around their trailer and watch the show.

They didn’t keep that trailer very long. :cool:

My wife has, literally, dozens of cousins on her Mom’s side. Many of them lived reasonably close to a small county park where most of us had grown up camping. Several times during the summer there would be a somewhat impromptu family reunion where those of us in the vicinity would meet at the park. Everybody had some camping shelter, mostly older, well used, small trailers of some sort.

One of her cousins and his wife had chosen a well used, hard sided, pop up camper. They didn’t get the instructions with it when they bought it, so watching them try to remember how to put which part into place in which order was quite a production.

When one of these gatherings was kinda, sorta, planned, most of us would try to get to the park, and get our campers set up, before the show began. When this cousin and his bride arrived in camp, someone would shout “Leonard and Margie are here!”. Everyone already on site would grab a cooler and a lawn chair and we’d sit around their trailer and watch the show.

They didn’t keep that trailer very long. :cool:

Several years ago we were camping at a state park in South Dakota very near to Mount Rushmore National Park. The campground was full with mixed campers, some in tents, some in "toads" (towed campers), and some, like us, in small motor homes. Around 6 p.m., a rig pulls up to the only spot left unoccupied in a 'loonnnng' toad pulled with a tractor type (think tractor-trailer) extended cab rig. This was gonna' be a show! Everyone pulled up lawn chairs to watch the spectacle, since it was well after Happy Hour, and no one was observing the "no alcoholic beverages" sign.

So anyway, this dude proceeds to give a Master's Class demo of exactly HOW to Park a Toad on the first try. This guy had to be a professional truck driver. Without hesitation or second attempts, he placed that rig flawlessly on spot in the very tight space, in record time. One observer reached into his cooler, grabbed a cold one, and rushed up to this guy, handing him a beer, giving him thanks for the great demo on exactly how to park an RV, amongst the raucous cheers of the admiring crowd. This guy was good!

Several years ago we were camping at a state park in South Dakota very near to Mount Rushmore National Park. The campground was full with mixed campers, some in tents, some in "toads" (towed campers), and some, like us, in small motor homes. Around 6 p.m., a rig pulls up to the only spot left unoccupied in a 'loonnnng' toad pulled with a tractor type (think tractor-trailer) extended cab rig. This was gonna' be a show! Everyone pulled up lawn chairs to watch the spectacle, since it was well after Happy Hour, and no one was observing the "no alcoholic beverages" sign.

So anyway, this dude proceeds to give a Master's Class demo of exactly HOW to Park a Toad on the first try. This guy had to be a professional truck driver. Without hesitation or second attempts, he placed that rig flawlessly on spot in the very tight space, in record time. One observer reached into his cooler, grabbed a cold one, and rushed up to this guy, handing him a beer, giving him thanks for the great demo on exactly how to park an RV, amongst the raucous cheers of the admiring crowd. This guy was good!
I love trailer backing.. I used to back up about 50 semi trailers a day at a WalMart distribution center when I was in my 20s and it is a skill that is like riding a bike, you don't forget. A couple days ago my neighbor was moving his 22 foot boat, probably 25-27 ft with trailer and I rode with him to the boat yard. He barely knows how to back up a trailer and wanted me to give him lessons. I talked in through it and he parked it about 4 feet from the next boat with about 4 or 5 pull ups. He was proud and I said let me give it a try. I explained to him approach is key, use the mirrors and in on shot had it about 6 inches from the boat beside his. Makes me want to get my CDL again and maybe try to find a weekend run or a yard dog job.

I love trailer backing.. I used to back up about 50 semi trailers a day at a WalMart distribution center when I was in my 20s and it is a skill that is like riding a bike, you don't forget. A couple days ago my neighbor was moving his 22 foot boat, probably 25-27 ft with trailer and I rode with him to the boat yard. He barely knows how to back up a trailer and wanted me to give him lessons. I talked in through it and he parked it about 4 feet from the next boat with about 4 or 5 pull ups. He was proud and I said let me give it a try. I explained to him approach is key, use the mirrors and in on shot had it about 6 inches from the boat beside his. Makes me want to get my CDL again and maybe try to find a weekend run or a yard dog job.
I know we are WAY off topic, but you really should consider getting your CDL again. Drivers are in seriously short supply, by that I mean good drivers. My company is hiring on average 4 a month, and firing at least two (sometimes the same ones we just hired) for just stupid stuff like damaging trucks and not reporting it, no-call/no shows, and one guy who on three separate occasions returned still-loaded containers to the port as empties, costing us thousands.

My wife's cousin was an early convert to Tesla (seems like a religion sometimes) and picked us up at the airport on a trip to L.A. in a Model 3. After he gave us a demo of Ludicrous Mode merging onto I-405, he took us to dinner at a popular local haunt.

The parking lot was predictably packed on a Friday night, and he found one really tight spot. He pulled up about 6"-8" perpendicular with the right side rear bumper even with the front right bumper of the adjacent car. He took his hands off the wheel, pushed a button, and the car flawlessly parked itself, centered precisely between the two cars on a single attempt.

The clearance was so tight, I didn't see how we'd be able to get out of the car, but of course the articulating gullwing doors raised up without touching either vehicle and left ample room for us to egress.

Very impressive.

The clearance was so tight, I didn't see how we'd be able to get out of the car, but of course the articulating gullwing doors raised up without touching either vehicle and left ample room for us to egress.

Very impressive.
right up to the point that the owner of the 20 year old toyota next to you slams his door several times into the expensive tesla because you blocked his normal doors from opening enough to get in.....

Seriously, that's begging for a keying right there.

I once returned to my truck from shopping to find my driver's side pinned in by some jackass with an open jeep. He had squeezed into the adjacent space then hopped out over his door. I waited for him to return and dressed him down for his dick move...

Back