Hot Brewing at Fort Myers, FL.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakegreen58

Reaction score
My primary fermenter diligently works even at 80F which is what my thermostat is set to (I live in South Florida). Tell me what I should be looking out for during an 80F fermentation to ensure a good brew. I hope one day to get a wine cooler to ferment my beer at 68F, but if you could describe what danger signs I should be looking for if I ferment at 80F. Can you describe a particular flavor associated with a bad/hot fermentation at 80F.

jakegreen58 said:
My primary fermenter diligently works even at 80F which is what my thermostat is set to (I live in South Florida). Tell me what I should be looking out for during an 80F fermentation to ensure a good brew. I hope one day to get a wine cooler to ferment my beer at 68F, but if you could describe what danger signs I should be looking for if I ferment at 80F. Can you describe a particular flavor associated with a bad/hot fermentation at 80F.

I live in Punta gorda and also have this problem. I just throw a couple ice packs on it and it greatly reduces the temp to the low 70s with no problem

So do you put ice packs on it at the beginning of the fermentation peroid or throughout the fermentation (2 weeks)?

jakegreen58 said:
So do you put ice packs on it at the beginning of the fermentation peroid or throughout the fermentation (2 weeks)?

I have mine in a dark closet and I usually switch out the packs for the first week or so. I think it's the easiest way to work with what you have

Back