Hops, hops and hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aclockworkblue

Reaction score
I am making an IIPA and I have 6oz of Amarillo, 3oz of Simcoe and 3oz of warrior. What do you recommend as the hop schedule? I am doing a 90min boil and would like to dry hop as well. Suggestions?

Thanks!

aclockworkblue said:
I am making an IIPA and I have 6oz of Amarillo, 3oz of Simcoe and 3oz of warrior. What do you recommend as the hop schedule? I am doing a 90min boil and would like to dry hop as well. Suggestions? Thanks!
Two fermenters to dry hop or 1?

I am making an IIPA and I have 6oz of Amarillo, 3oz of Simcoe and 3oz of warrior. What do you recommend as the hop schedule? I am doing a 90min boil and would like to dry hop as well. Suggestions?

Thanks!

My favorite combo! It's a little light on hops for a 10 gallon batch of IIPA, as ideally you'd have twice as much simcoe and amarillo, but you could start with that for sure.

I'd do:
1-2 oz warrior 90 minutes (or whatever it takes to get to about 45-50 IBUs with this one addition)
1 oz simcoe 15 minutes
2 oz amarillo 10 minutes
2 oz amarillo 0 minutes
1 oz simcoe 0 minutes
1 oz simcoe dryhop 5-7 days
2 oz amarillo dryhop 5-7 days.

Yooper said:
My favorite combo! It's a little light on hops for a 10 gallon batch of IIPA, as ideally you'd have twice as much simcoe and amarillo, but you could start with that for sure. I'd do: 1-2 oz warrior 90 minutes (or whatever it takes to get to about 45-50 IBUs with this one addition) 1 oz simcoe 15 minutes 2 oz amarillo 10 minutes 2 oz amarillo 0 minutes 1 oz simcoe 0 minutes 1 oz simcoe dryhop 5-7 days 2 oz amarillo dryhop 5-7 days.

I could get more to dry hop. What would you suggest now?

Very similar, but doubling up on some of the hops in the boil and then still dryhopping.
1-2 oz warrior 90 minutes (or whatever it takes to get to about 45-50 IBUs with this one addition)
2 oz simcoe 15 minutes
2 oz amarillo 10 minutes
1 oz simcoe 5 minutes
1 oz amarillo 5 minutes
2 oz amarillo 0 minutes
1 oz simcoe 0 minutes
2 oz simcoe dryhop 5-7 days
3-4 oz amarillo dryhop 5-7 days.

aclockworkblue said:
I would do 2oz warrior at 90 3oz amarillo and 1.5 of simcoe at 20 and flameout dry hop with 2-3 oz each of amarillo and simcoe. I made this ipa recently wxcept I bittered with columbus and it was so good. Great hop combo

Yooper said:
Very similar, but doubling up on some of the hops in the boil and then still dryhopping. 1-2 oz warrior 90 minutes (or whatever it takes to get to about 45-50 IBUs with this one addition) 2 oz simcoe 15 minutes 2 oz amarillo 10 minutes 1 oz simcoe 5 minutes 1 oz amarillo 5 minutes 2 oz amarillo 0 minutes 1 oz simcoe 0 minutes 2 oz simcoe dryhop 5-7 days 3-4 oz amarillo dryhop 5-7 days.

Tastes amazing!

Anyone try blending Warrior with Perl as a dry hop. Making an Ipa and I boiled with Chinook and flamed out with Warrior.

Thinking of 1/2 ounce of Warrior and 1/2 ounce of Perl in secondary. What do you think?

Mark

Back