Hop suggestions for an American-style wheat beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nreed

Reaction score
I'd like to try an American wheat beer for my next brew and wondering if any of my hops will suit this style well? After a mix up with lost deliveries over Christmas, I've ended up with a load of new Hops in my freezer so ideally want to use these rather than order more! The hops I have on hand are:
  • El Dorado
  • Nelson Sauvin
  • Centennial
  • Azacca
  • Magnum
  • Mosaic
  • Vic Secret
  • Citra
  • Simcoe
  • Chinook
Appreciate it may be a little off style with these options, my first thought was to do Magnum for a clean bittering hop to get most my IBUS and then some Nelson at 15 & 5 for some subtle flavouring. I have a Centennial Blonde in the fermenter so I'd ideally prefer to leave this one out so I have some variety on hand!

True enough. All kinds of latitude here. I could see using a touch of Magnum to make most of the IBUs, then pretty much pick your favorite strain or two for some tasty very late additions at levels commensurate with the FG for the style...

Cheers!

I'd like to try an American wheat beer for my next brew and wondering if any of my hops will suit this style well? After a mix up with lost deliveries over Christmas, I've ended up with a load of new Hops in my freezer so ideally want to use these rather than order more! The hops I have on hand are:
  • El Dorado
  • Nelson Sauvin
  • Centennial
  • Azacca
  • Magnum
  • Mosaic
  • Vic Secret
  • Citra
  • Simcoe
  • Chinook
Appreciate it may be a little off style with these options, my first thought was to do Magnum for a clean bittering hop to get most my IBUS and then some Nelson at 15 & 5 for some subtle flavouring. I have a Centennial Blonde in the fermenter so I'd ideally prefer to leave this one out so I have some variety on hand!

I agree with the above bitter with magnum and then hit those late additions with citra and simcoe.

Back