Hop Cone Christmas Lights

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hausofstrauss

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Now that I've gotten quite a few 3D printed tap handles done, the ideas kept coming, so I made some 3D printed Hop Cone Christmas Light Covers.

017-Homer-with-lights-on-in-light-657x1024.jpg

I started with the hop model I made for the tap handles, then hollowed it out and through a few iterations, I got the proper internal tabs to slide right over standard Christmas lights. I used a few lights to make sure I was designing to something standard and they all measured between 6.5 to 6.9 mm. It also appears that this light size is called "M5".

017-Into-the-hop-1024x576.jpg

017-Inserting-bulb-into-hop-1024x576.jpg

Here are some shots of the lights in different states with Homer modeling them.

Here is the entire post for more info:
Merry Christmas and a Hoppy New Year!

017-Homer-with-lights-off-in-light-150x150.jpg

017-Homer-with-lights-on-in-dark-150x150.jpg

Hahaha..... Too cool..... Looks Awesome! Have you considered mass production and marketing them as Marijuana Bud Christmas lights? You could make a killing in the head Shops and at Spencer's in all the local Malls!!!!

Hahaha..... Too cool..... Looks Awesome! Have you considered mass production and marketing them as Marijuana Bud Christmas lights? You could make a killing in the head Shops and at Spencer's in all the local Malls!!!!

That's not a bad idea! I could see these being double marketed as "Hop Lights" or "Pot Lights" lol. Not just for Christmas either..I remember my days as a young stoner..I would have loved to deck my room out in these cool lights.

:D

That's not a bad idea! I could see these being double marketed as "Hop Lights" or "Pot Lights" lol. Not just for Christmas either..I remember my days as a young stoner..I would have loved to deck my room out in these cool lights.

:D

My thoughts Exactly!!! You could sell them in all the college Book Stores... 10% Discount for Fraternities (lol)!!!!! Your "Bud Light's" (Hahaha.. see what I did there) would hang in Dorm rooms across America!!!!!

My thoughts Exactly!!! You could sell them in all the college Book Stores... 10% Discount for Fraternities (lol)!!!!! Your "Bud Light's" (Hahaha.. see what I did there) would hang in Dorm rooms across America!!!!!

Quick, contact the patent office!

Sorry, not into that scene.

The 3D printing is definitely not the way to go for mass production and this is more for fun now than anything.

It was basically these GE lights I got at Lowe's.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_394521-41681-97416LO_0__?productId=3827571

The size was similar to some Phillips branded lights I got a few years ago and some other lights also matched in diameter.

Additional info:
There is a standard with these kind of lights and although not always printed on the package they are "M5" size lights.

Pretty cool, man. I have drill a few beer bottles and ran Christmas lights through them. An Arrogant Bastard bottle would look cool with some hop lights inside.

Back