hop bag for grain bag?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONNYROTTEN

Reaction score
everything is setup ready to dump grain and my grain bag is gone.I think someone in the house tossed it.I have 2 of Wilserbrewers hop bags.Do you think I could use them for grain bags in a pinch?
6 pounds of 2 row in each.I wont be able to stir but they should be light enough to dunk while steeping. EBIAB otherwise Ill be packing up and not brewing today

so long as they're not stuffed full. otherwise, if you have a colander, you can lauter your grain that way. Or take two buckets and drill a bunch of small holes in one of them to make a lauter tun.

Turning out to be a miserable brew day.chushed grain all over the carpet trying to transfer into a little hop bag.Rice everywhere including the wort from a non sealing bag I stole from my wife that she needs tomorrow for some almond thing she steeping that will surely infuse stinky corn and wort that I'll be up sh*ts creek for.Im going to assume the tube of grain packed in the hop bag is going to yield horrible efficiency. All because My F'in grain bag up and walked away.:smack::smack::smack:

Latest posts

Back