Honey Whiskey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuljin

I come from the water
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've had Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey and the one from Evan Williams. I like them. Of course, I like honey. I love honey! I chug honey! :rockin:

I love honey and whiskey. Although I found the mix not so agreeable. It was as if someone had done something nasty to my whiskey.

I've had Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey and the one from Evan Williams. I like them. Of course, I like honey. I love honey! I chug honey! :rockin:

Both of those are good, a friend gave me a bottle of Wild Turkey, not so much, way too sweet but they do label it as a liqueur.

I tried the Jim Beam Honey at a local bar just to see what all the hubbub was about. I personally didn't like it. A honey flavor was present but it was obvious to me that it was an immitation/synthetic flavoring probably made out of beaver ass like how the immitation vanilla is

I was looking it up, and all I found was a few sites saying Wild Turkey uses real honey. Nothing I found said either way about Jack. I don't like Jim, so y'all are on your own there.

Barenjager now has my interest.

When I was little, my parents gave me honey and Jim Beam mixed together as cough syrup. I thought that mess was horrible. Still do. Nevertheless, I won a bottle of Wild Turkey American Honey in a holiday party gift war/yankee swap and it was empty before the party was over. Went down way too easy.

whiskey goes down easy.
honey whiskey goes down dangerously easy.

I haven't run into a bad one and I haven't run into one that stands ahead of the pack. They're trendy right now, we'll see if they last. I asked a Jim Beam tour guide and I didn't get the vibe that he really knew the process, but he gave a pretty generic "it's back sweetened, added at the very end" response. So that tells me that you could conceivably add honey to just about anything.

It works well as a shooter, works well as a sipper. Haven't mixed it.

The stuff makes a mess if there is a spill that is permitted to dry.

I am not a fan of sweet alcohol, although honey whiskey without much sugar is a good combo. I love mead too.

I have had a few brands of honey bourbon, wild turkey honey bourbon mixed with Ale8 (regional ginger and citrus flavored soft drink) is dangerously good. I'm sure most people don't have access to the soda but a ginger ale would do.

I was looking it up, and all I found was a few sites saying Wild Turkey uses real honey. Nothing I found said either way about Jack. I don't like Jim, so y'all are on your own there.

Barenjager now has my interest.

I got a bottle of Barenjager as a gift a few years ago. If you like the honey whiskeys, you'll like Barenjager with whiskey.

If you get a chance, there is a honey rye whiskey made by Finger Lakes Distilling. Extreme unique and very well made

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I tried the Jim Beam Honey at a local bar just to see what all the hubbub was about. I personally didn't like it. A honey flavor was present but it was obvious to me that it was an immitation/synthetic flavoring probably made out of beaver ass like how the immitation vanilla is

I chug jim bean honey whiskey. Its so delicious, but you are right - there is no way how cheap it is that it actually contains honey...

Imitation vanilla isn't made out of beaver ass? Not sure if you're being serious but most production is from guaiacol, a byproduct of oil production... (Yum!)

I've only had the Jim Beam and Jack Daniels honey whiskeys. I thought I would love them because I love whiskey and I love honey, but the honey flavoring was so fake that I would call them mediocre at best. Of the two, I thought the Jack Daniels was a lot better than the Jim Beam. I'd be interested in trying one that actually did use real honey (or that at least TASTED like it used real honey) and still maintained the flavor of the original whiskey (which I found these two brands lacked).

I chug jim bean honey whiskey. Its so delicious, but you are right - there is no way how cheap it is that it actually contains honey...

Imitation vanilla isn't made out of beaver ass? Not sure if you're being serious but most production is from guaiacol, a byproduct of oil production... (Yum!)

They are referring to castoreum.....its a a substance used as a food additive to give vanilla flavor/smell or help bring out other flavors. Look it up.

Back