Homebrew ruined beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjgenever

Reaction score
Last Friday I got a mixed sixer with some of my old favorites. Torpedo and 60min. I also threw in some 90 min. They were all a little past prime. The 90 min was the worst of the three. I was unimpressed.

See folks, my pipeline ran dry. St patties day saw people begging for my brews and not even finishing their open commercial beers. They were all good friends so I have them what they wanted.

Back to Friday night... I was half way through the sixer when it happened. I went to bottle my small beer.as I lifted the old sweatshirt that blocks my beer from evil doctor UV and there it was. A beautiful bomber of iipa.

I popped the top.I drew a breath of wonderful hop aroma. The amber river of light maltiness poured smoothly down the side of the glass. A dense head rose, bringing the ibu's ever closer to my lips. It was the best sip of beer I've ever savored.

I realize that I have little for fresh beer here in Maine. Either way, I find it nearly impossible to shell out a premium for old, tasteless beer.

Homebrewing has ruined what I used to know as the best bottled beer around!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Home Brew mobile app

I can get fresh stuff here. I love my home brew but still enjoy a nice commercial oatmeal stout. I also usually have a fat tire or an assorted IPA laying around as well.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I'm sorry I should have been more descriptive. there is good beer pretty much anywhere you go in the US. I wasn't counting overpriced craft brews bottled in bombers or some of the great fresh drafts we can get. I can brew a batch of beer for what two bombers would cost and I only drink out probably once every few years. to be fair I had a fresh sea dog draft a few months ago. it was good but I still pay through the nose for it.

I'm sorry I should have been more descriptive. there is good beer pretty much anywhere you go in the US. I wasn't counting overpriced craft brews bottled in bombers or some of the great fresh drafts we can get. I can brew a batch of beer for what two bombers would cost and I only drink out probably once every few years. to be fair I had a fresh sea dog draft a few months ago. it was good but I still pay through the nose for it.

Your right, beer is over priced. I refuse to buy beer at a restaurant for 4-6 dollars a glass when for a few bucks more I can buy a 6 pack and enjoy it in the safety of my home. I do enjoy drinking other craft beer, it gives me inspiration and creative ideas that I may not have gotten otherwise.

I tell you what I do hate is our local brewery charges the same price for a glass of beer as the local bar does... This erks me because they don't have shipping costs and they are only open for a couple of hours for a couple of days, not like they will take away competition or something.

Back