Homebrew forum Android app not working.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maoriboy

Reaction score
Hi all. Today an update came down for the Homebrew forums app and it doesn't work. Downloaded to both my Samsung Galaxy S3 and Sony tablet S. Both of them are on Ice Cream Sandwich and both worked fine. Now you can't even get into the app without it crashing. Help guys coz there's nothing more i like doing at work than browsing the forums here.

Yup, same thing here. It started yesterday afternoon and is still down. Thankfullly I work from home today and I have my personal laptop nearby :D

I've uninstalled & reinstalled a few times since yesterday with no luck. I've cleared cache & data and the app still crashes before loading...any suggestions?

I installed the update, which when launched immediately crashed without ever getting to the screen. Reading the tip here I removed the app and installed fresh. No problems since.

Android version 2.3.4 on a DroidX...

Cheers!

I had the same issue. I reinstalled several times. Unfortunately, the only thing that finally fixed it was a total factory reset.

This afternoon I noticed that the HBT app had auto-updated itself, so I launched it and it immediately crashed - just like the last update.

Killed everything then tried launching HBT again and it crashed, so I removed the app and installed 1.3.17 fresh, again. Which still works fine.

Turned off automatic updates this time...

Cheers!

Mine has crashed too with each update. Clearing data & cache has worked for me.

Glad I wasn't the only one.
I did an uninstall and re install and all was good.
Then it updated again and I was screwed.
I took it off, installed again and made sure automatic updates was off.
It's working great now.

It happened with the last 2 updates but easily fixed by reinstalling. This was on my galaxy s3 and cm7 nook has been fine.

Ok, this is weird. I have had automatic update disabled since the last HBT update was hosed, yet this evening I discovered the HBT app had updated itself to version 1.3.18 anyway.

On the upside, this update actually seems to work perfectly. On the downside, it appears that I don't in fact have the final word on my own phone...

Cheers!

Back