Homebrew for Christmas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MistyMountainHops

Reaction score
My sister in law asked me last night if I was making her any homebrew for christmas. I was shocked/honored someone would want my beer for a gift - plus, although it probably wont be ready ON christmas, I didnt mind getting after a batch today. It's nice to brew when you weren't originally planning on it.

Hey, she's practically forcing you!

My girlfriends family is planning on giving away Christmas baskets to close family and friends and my Swmbo's mom asked me if I would make some beer to put in the basket.

I said, "how much do you need!"

yep. A nice brown ale should fit the season and be done just in time. Or hey, I know Yuri likes a certain stout recipe he has in his drop down menu.

Bringing a whole case of my spiced Xmas ale to my fam's Xmas bash/drink-fest. Should go down a treat considering it tasted phenomenal at bottle-time (and it was sitting pretty at 7.0% ABV.......:p).

Bringing a whole case of my spiced Xmas ale to my fam's Xmas bash/drink-fest. Should go down a treat considering it tasted phenomenal at bottle-time (and it was sitting pretty at 7.0% ABV.......:p).

Well, if your family is used to BMC (most of ours are,) then you'll be able to get them all **** canned from your high abv beer.

That sounds like a great time!

That's almost as wrong as letting people drink Apfelwein outa the keg like it's BMC.

Same color right?!

Last year I made a spiced holiday ale for Christmas gifts as I was unemployed and we were making our gifts to save money (my wife included baked goods in the baskets along with the brew). This year, several people told me they would prefer more beer - so I made a spiced pumpkin ale. It has been in the fermenter for a few weeks now and should be ready by Christmas.

It is a good present to give out.

Latest posts

Back