Homebrew and Hockey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engrishjones

Reaction score
I would like to say I am really looking forward to Drinking jthe Holiday Ale I have in My fermentor and watching the winter Classic. Flyers and Bruins good matchup. Holiday Ale good beer.

Brewing beer and watching hockey is one of the greatest pleasures in my life.

Just wish I knew more people out here who did both.

Homebrew and hockey are definitely a good mix!

I love watching hockey, and I love playing hockey. I love making beer, and I love drinking beer. Put them together, and it's like heaven. Except sweaty.

I love watching hockey, and I love playing hockey. I love making beer, and I love drinking beer. Put them together, and it's like heaven. Except sweaty.

:off: Yea, hockey! After a two year lay off we finally got a roller rink to let us play!! I'm so friggin excited I can hardly stand it. Yes it's only roller hockey, but it's a monumental step for this state. Cripe, I hope my knee can still take a butterfly.:eek:

And yes, I will be drinking beer afterwords.:)

I found out last night that my hips can no longer take a good Butterfly....ouch. I haven't played very much over the last few years, and last night I found out why. It won't stop me from playing, but I realize I am not 180lbs and 20 years old anymore.....At 240 and 31 I am feeling the pain. Gonna keep going to try to get my weight back down.

So who is excited about olympic hockey???

I'll be brewing a celebratory ale in honor of the Sabres winning the Cup this season!!

I found out last night that my hips can no longer take a good Butterfly....ouch. I haven't played very much over the last few years, and last night I found out why. It won't stop me from playing, but I realize I am not 180lbs and 20 years old anymore.....At 240 and 31 I am feeling the pain. Gonna keep going to try to get my weight back down.

So who is excited about olympic hockey???

I hear you. I recently lost 24lbs, so hopefully i'll be a tad quicker than I used to be, although at 40 that aint saying much.:D

Hell ya! I tend to drink beer before I watch hockey. . .on account of were not allowed to drink inside the Arena. Go University of Maine Black Bears!

+1 to Hockey and Homebrew. -1 to the crook Kirby Schlegel for screwing up our AHL team. Kirby you are a ****head!

There is a bar at the rink where I play, and you can go in and order case(s) of beer to your locker room for post-game!

Homebrew and hockey are definitely a good mix!

Who says heaven isn't sweaty?

Hah, Sabres - I've got a 42-year old barleywine I'm going to crack open when my Leafs win the Cup.

So, not any time soon then? :)

Um, let's go Sharks, all I have to say. They only work we need to do is to learn how to close out a game, and to not choke in the playoffs. Easy, right?

. . .on account of were not allowed to drink inside the Arena. Go University of Maine Black Bears!

Maine Black Bears really need to revise their policies. We have no real hockey teams here other than Minor hockey. But a town 25km away has a Quebec Senior League team. They allow you to buy up to 12 at a time to bring back to your seats. Complete awesomeness.

They completely fund the team's travel costs with beer sales alone.

I celebrated this w/ some of my homebrew:

47864_stanley_cup_penguins_red_wings_hockey.jpg

Brewing more for this year! :ban:

Latest posts

Back