Quantcast

Homebrew and Hockey

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

engrishjones

Reaction score
I would like to say I am really looking forward to Drinking jthe Holiday Ale I have in My fermentor and watching the winter Classic. Flyers and Bruins good matchup. Holiday Ale good beer.

Wrathbone

Reaction score
Brewing beer and watching hockey is one of the greatest pleasures in my life.

Just wish I knew more people out here who did both.

middleofnowhere

Reaction score
The holidays are the perfect time to watch hockey. The World Junior Hockey Championship starts December 26th. That is some of the best hockey you will see anywhere.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Homebrew and hockey are definitely a good mix!

I love watching hockey, and I love playing hockey. I love making beer, and I love drinking beer. Put them together, and it's like heaven. Except sweaty.

wildwest450

Banned
Reaction score
I love watching hockey, and I love playing hockey. I love making beer, and I love drinking beer. Put them together, and it's like heaven. Except sweaty.
:off: Yea, hockey! After a two year lay off we finally got a roller rink to let us play!! I'm so friggin excited I can hardly stand it. Yes it's only roller hockey, but it's a monumental step for this state. Cripe, I hope my knee can still take a butterfly.:eek:

And yes, I will be drinking beer afterwords.:)

middleofnowhere

Reaction score
I found out last night that my hips can no longer take a good Butterfly....ouch. I haven't played very much over the last few years, and last night I found out why. It won't stop me from playing, but I realize I am not 180lbs and 20 years old anymore.....At 240 and 31 I am feeling the pain. Gonna keep going to try to get my weight back down.

So who is excited about olympic hockey???

KayaBrew

Reaction score
I'll be brewing a celebratory ale in honor of the Sabres winning the Cup this season!!

wildwest450

Banned
Reaction score
I found out last night that my hips can no longer take a good Butterfly....ouch. I haven't played very much over the last few years, and last night I found out why. It won't stop me from playing, but I realize I am not 180lbs and 20 years old anymore.....At 240 and 31 I am feeling the pain. Gonna keep going to try to get my weight back down.

So who is excited about olympic hockey???
I hear you. I recently lost 24lbs, so hopefully i'll be a tad quicker than I used to be, although at 40 that aint saying much.:D

gtpro

Reaction score
Hell ya! I tend to drink beer before I watch hockey. . .on account of were not allowed to drink inside the Arena. Go University of Maine Black Bears!

jlpred55

Reaction score
+1 to Hockey and Homebrew. -1 to the crook Kirby Schlegel for screwing up our AHL team. Kirby you are a ****head!

KayaBrew

Reaction score
There is a bar at the rink where I play, and you can go in and order case(s) of beer to your locker room for post-game!

WorryWort

Reaction score
The holidays are the perfect time to watch hockey. The World Junior Hockey Championship starts December 26th. That is some of the best hockey you will see anywhere.
Couldn't agree more. I base my holidays around this event. I've 9 beers ready this year. Woot Woot!

Gordie

Reaction score
... add another brewer hoisting an early pint to the Sabres bringing the cup home.

Hell yeah.

jamesnsw

Reaction score
Homebrew and hockey are definitely a good mix!

Who says heaven isn't sweaty?

Jipper

Reaction score
Hah, Sabres - I've got a 42-year old barleywine I'm going to crack open when my Leafs win the Cup.
So, not any time soon then? :)

Um, let's go Sharks, all I have to say. They only work we need to do is to learn how to close out a game, and to not choke in the playoffs. Easy, right?

middleofnowhere

Reaction score
. . .on account of were not allowed to drink inside the Arena. Go University of Maine Black Bears!
Maine Black Bears really need to revise their policies. We have no real hockey teams here other than Minor hockey. But a town 25km away has a Quebec Senior League team. They allow you to buy up to 12 at a time to bring back to your seats. Complete awesomeness.

They completely fund the team's travel costs with beer sales alone.

gak27

Reaction score
I celebrated this w/ some of my homebrew:

Brewing more for this year! :ban: