Home Brew Beer Soap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tennessee Brew

Reaction score
I know this is way outside of the general homebrew topic but it still involves home brewing.. or does it?
I have a friend wanting to make a beer soap. I got to thinking, if one used grains then afterward incorporated that spent grain into the soap then it should take on the same scent as the finished brew right? Perhaps then one can keep some of the brew for drinking and some for use in the soap process. Also was thinking one can use hops in the soap get that hoppy scent and not have to worry about the brewing process BUT some folks like the fact its made with beer itself.

We also thought about making some solid colognes using hops for scent addition. I'm not familiar with many hops though, just Citra, Northern Brewer, German Huell melon and Centennial. To me the Citra, Northern and Centennial all give some interesting aroma once they dissipate a bit.
Anyone out there have experience in the Beer soap and cologne field?

The challenge of using hops for long lastingaromas is that they oxidize very quickly and start smelling like cheese. There's at least one company extracting the terpenes from hops, but wow are they expensive.

Latest posts

Back