Holy Crap! I made BEER!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diver165

Reaction score
As the title says, I surprised myself!!! Curiosity was killing me and I popped the top off a bottle from my first batch ever. I smiled when I pried back on the bottle opener and heard that beloved *HISSSSS* It was in the bottle 1week exactly. I poured it into a glass and got a thick brown head to form. The taste? Well I'm sure it tastes like the typical brown ale clone. But this one is MINE! It needs a couple more weeks to condition IMHO. The "fizz" bite taste didn't last long after the first couple of drinks.

Overall, I'm damn impressed with me. Yes sir! I'll have to pat myself on the back later :D Atleast I'll have a smile on my face at the beer tasting bbq the SWMBO scheduled on the 17th.

Brilliant! Over the next few weeks, it'll taste even better, and it'll be better carbonated. Resist the urge to pound 'em all before then.

Congratulations on your first brew! Mine was a brown ale, too. :mug:

Congrats! my first was a brown ale too! years ago! still love that style! rich and malty!
I try to do at least 3 browns & milds a year.

should be even better after another week.

Keep brewing!

Nice work yo, take pictures and notes as it develops and conditions so that you can track the carbonation process. I just put one in the fridge today that has been a week in the bottle, and I can't wait to get home to try it out.:rockin:

My second beer ever was a brownie... I only just recently remade it, this time all-grain with a recipe of my own tinkering.... Best beer I ever drank. ever.

Feels pretty damn good doesn't it? I am only on my 5th batch and will keg for the first time this weekend. Every time I open a bottle I am impressed with myself LOL SWMBO doesn't seem to share my "self-appreciation" :drunk:

Grats! my first was a nut brown, and I remember the feeling of that 1st sip like it was yesterday...Over time my brews got better, but nothing beats that 1st sip of success...welcome to the addiction!

Back