Hockey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gut already hurts, I can't wait until Saturday night. I hope Kronwall or Drake crush Malkin. GO WINGS!

Wings in 4. Too much experience and a damn good knowledge of the game. Plus those stupid birds beat my Rangers, not happy about that one. Fleury will crack and the Red Wings D will shut down Crosby and Malkin.

No way.
This series is going to go 6 games, and it will be the best series we've ever seen.
2 great finesse teams, lots of skill on the ice and alot of talent on the bench.

This series has the ability to bring hockey back.

With that said, Wings will be winning, i'll be at the Fox Center, sweating my ass off with thousands of others as they roll down Woodward, hoisting the cup one more time.

I really hope that this will go to 7 games.

Can't wait to see the first game. This will be hockey at it's best.

It doesn'atter anyway cause its not the flyers and Dallas. But i would have to say Detroit will take it in 6. I hope Pittsburgh gets shut down. I don't ever want Crosby or Malkin to win a cup. Those divers don't deserve it so let's go Detroit.

Let's see some great hockey. The Pens have speed and youth, and the Wings have experience and strength. I think the Wings defense is tougher than anyone the Pens have played so far, so that might be a deciding factor.

I'm so ready for some serious Cup finals!

Anyone want to place a bet on the finals?????? :D

Not me! I learned my lesson!

No way.
This series is going to go 6 games, and it will be the best series we've ever seen.
2 great finesse teams, lots of skill on the ice and alot of talent on the bench.

This series has the ability to bring hockey back.

With that said, Wings will be winning, i'll be at the Fox Center, sweating my ass off with thousands of others as they roll down Woodward, hoisting the cup one more time.

Pittsburgh is all finesse where Detroit is finesse and power. The only way the Pens beat the Rangers was controlling the puck all the time, their D was not that strong. The Wings have the O & D so they can shut you down both ways, not to mention some great goalies. I think Fluery just wont hold up, I dont think he is that good. He is having a great year, but he is not up to the same level of Osgood and the Slinky. You can have all the skill in the world, but a young team is also inexperienced in a situation like this. I have seen it in the NHL and all the leagues I have played in. Every year you get a great young team that makes it then fails in the finals.

This will be a good series to bring hockey back. I agree with that. Especially hockey in Pittsburgh.

I think Crosby and Malkin will be controlled and it will be up to Hossa to pick it up. I would also like to see downey start one game so he can get his name on the cup "IF" The Wings wing he has earned it.

I don't know if you saw that but... I found it really funny!!!

[youtube]aMbzNeCyky4[/youtube]

So far this hasn't even been close. Wings are way too good with the puck. I think the Pens might get one at home. It makes me sick to say it, but the Wings are going to the be hoisting the cup again.

Dang, the Pens are sukking! Watched last night and was pretty disappointed they didnt' hardly even get any offense going at all. It would be cool if Detroit could win with 4 straight shutouts, though...

Got to say, I'm losing my respect for the Pens. Saw some pretty stupid stuff like Roberts coming up behind Franzen and punching him in the side of the head in his first game back from a concussion. I think he needs a game suspension for that. And to think I was feeling bad about Kronwall leaving his feet on some of his hits! Then the refs call Goalie interference on the Pens twice, and their coach claims he was diving, and his guys don't go for the goalie... Uh, did you watch the game?? He also said that Detroit was obstructing, but I wonder if he meant they were clogging up the neutral zone. His French-Candian dialect may be misleading. Surely he cannot claim that Detroit is commiting penalties and he's whining about the officiating during the press conference!

Other than the fact that Detroit is winning, it hasn't been that exciting so far. Hopefully the Pens can up their game in Pittsburgh.

The pens won't win the cup. They don't have a shot. Every single player for the wings is completely multi-dimensional. Need an example? Datsyuk is on their penalty kill.

Good for the pens getting this far (even though I can't stand crosby), but the wings are far better in every position and have an incredible sense of where the puck is going to be next, instead of where it is now.

I'd be surprised if the penguins get more than 1 win.

I see, I see...

I think he's a good coach. He has done great with those kids last year and this year too. But, he has a little problem against the wings I think!:drunk:

It's always the easy thing to blame it on the refs. But, i your playes don't score a damn goal... you can't win!

Alright, so Pittsburgh scored...so what, the night's still young.

cover400.jpg

:D

detroit20red20wingsje1.jpg

I am a big bruins fan. If I could, I would post the picture of Ore being tripped right as he scores.

Cheers! :mug:

I absolutely HATE NBC's coverage.
These guys are absolute idiots. Can you ride on Pittsburgh's nutsack any more then they are?

The Mario Lemieux conversation was 2 minutes of ignorance.

I will say that the Penguins are playing some great hockey tonight. Its exciting to watch this game. The 3rd period has been awesome.

Hockey fan here also, just wanted to add how hard Crosby worked that game. The kid never lets up, its great to see. Being a Blues fan its required to hate the wings, but I gotta say they are like a damn machine. Even with the loss they looked unstoppable, I hope the pens can stay above water and atleast drag the series on. Great hockey!

:mug:

Now that was a more exciting game! Too bad the Wings lost, but they still played pretty well for most of the game. Damn that Holmstrom can take a beating out there! I guess after MT's complaining about calls, the refs decided to just quit calling 'em!

What is it that everyone hates about the Wings??

Obnoxious fans.

Not all, I'm sure some of them followed the team when they sucked.

Maybe it's just the perception that most RW fans are obnoxiois because the obnoxious ones are always trying to get in your face.

I'm not a red wings fan, but I absolutely respect them. I think they're a classy organization and have always been.

Wings fans aren't worse than philly fans, thats for damn sure.

Some sports fans can be obnoxious, but I haven't noticed it from Red Wings fans in particular. I've seen lots of people saying "Wings Suck!" but I personally haven't been known to badmouth the Avs, Blues, Stars, etc... I might conjecture as to each teams strengths and weaknesses, but that is simply necessary to contribute to a proper discussion on hockey in general.

I've been watching the Wings since I was a kid in the mid-80s when we first got an old sattelite system (on PASS sports!) and have watched the rise and continued success of the team over the past 25 years. I respect what the team has done, and their consistency. I just dont' understand why all are such haters on them.

Well its rivalry in most respects. I am sure all sports have them, (I only watch hockey) and its pretty much a given that one cities fans dislike the other team. The Blues have a pretty big rivalry with the Wings and Hawks.

Goes back way before this, but I was at this game and for many blues fans its a classic show of the teams anger for each other.:ban:

But it is pretty normal for hockey fans in general to dislike the Wings if they of course aren't wing fans. :D

This is so damn cheesy and stupid, but funny, to bad the Avs got it handed to them! =D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, yeah, it's a rivalry, but it's all in good fun, right? And who doesn't dislike the Blackhawks! ;) I used to hate them when I was young and Chelios played for them...

Well, yeah, it's a rivalry, but it's all in good fun, right? And who doesn't dislike the Blackhawks! ;) I used to hate them when I was young and Chelios played for them...

Of course its in good fun, at least for most of us! Hockey fans in general need to try and stick together since the sport isnt exactly challenging the US audience to take notice. Don't get me started on the hawks! :)

Latest posts

Back