Hockey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes. I couldn't sleep last night after that. I got to hand it to the Penguins... they got it done. I was a little disappointed in my Wings though.

The 35 second error should never have occurred amongst other mistakes in the first. In my opinion, the Wings defense needs to protect their crease better from potential dirty goals.

The Penguins have and will capitalize on any mistakes. That is where they excel. They will keep hammering Osgood over and over again if they make into the Red Wings zone. Wings need to force them to take crappy shots and recover on the rebound.

Go Wings!

Yikes. I couldn't sleep last night after that. I got to hand it to the Penguins... they got it done. I was a little disappointed in my Wings though.

The 35 second error should never have occurred amongst other mistakes in the first. In my opinion, the Wings defense needs to protect their crease better from potential dirty goals.

The Penguins have and will capitalize on any mistakes. That is where they excel. They will keep hammering Osgood over and over again if they make into the Red Wings zone. Wings need to force them to take crappy shots and recover on the rebound.

Go Wings!

Yea that was not good.. I was yelling the whole time BLOCK OUT BLOCK OUT (my wife was like what the f are you talking about)... and being an ex player myself I saw it all day but I also know what its like 6 on 5 in the final seconds of a game like that... I knew all to well what was going to happen next and not shocked that there was over time after that.. Was just a tired mistake IMO.

I am really pulling for the Pens, but I don't know if they can hold on.

If Fleury plays like he did last night, anything's possible. But the Pens will have to do a better job of creating real scoring chances (32 SOG in 100 minutes is anemic, even against the Wings, especially when half of those were dumpins that just happened to run into Osgood).

I think it's still a long, long shot. But if Crosby actually turns some of his good work into scores, and if Malkin dresses for the next two games (oh, wait...he has been dressing? Oh.) and Fleury keeps saving 55/58... who knows.

Yea that was not good.. I was yelling the whole time BLOCK OUT BLOCK OUT (my wife was like what the f are you talking about)...
I was so fired up (angry, over stimulated, etc...), that I could not sleep. I went jogging around 3:30am for a half hour just so that I could get it out of my system. My wife was pissed that I was keeping her up. It was a great game despite the outcome.

It wouldn't be the first time a goalie has won a championship for his team. I said before MAF would make it or break it and Hossa will have to pick up the slack of crosby and malkin, I have a feeling this is going 7.

WAWAWIWA!!! What a game! I was working till 11PM so I saw the regular game on a 6 square inch window broadcasted by cbc. I called the GF so she could record the rest of the game on the PVR.

I came home and listened to the 3 over time period. I'm sure I woke up all the block when they scored. I'm happy that the pens won. I just hope that this will go in 7 so we can have the most hockey possible.

I hope that Malkin will get out of the fog too. Is he bad or what??? First point in this series yesterday... what a joke!

Was at a Van Halen concert in Grand Rapids so missed the regular periods, but listened to OTs in car on way home. Got home just in time for the 3rd OT to start. Hudler gave them the best chance on the high stick. Accidental penalty, but you gotta call that!

Wings tonight. I might buy a bottle of champagne to drink with them boys.

Was at a Van Halen concert in Grand Rapids so missed the regular periods, but listened to OTs in car on way home. Got home just in time for the 3rd OT to start. Hudler gave them the best chance on the high stick. Accidental penalty, but you gotta call that!

Wings tonight. I might buy a bottle of champagne to drink with them boys.

Doubtful, the wings are on their heels, they may as well just send the cup back to detroit so the pens can pick it up after game 7. I wouldn't waste your money on champagne unless you plan on drinking it with the pens on saturday.

Wings on their heals? C'mon, which series are you watching?

Don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for the Pens, but they've been outplayed in every game except #3. Without MAF's performance Monday night, they'd all be golfing today.

I still think the Pens can do it but they need to put on the big boy skates.

Wings on their heals? C'mon, which series are you watching?

Don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for the Pens, but they've been outplayed in every game except #3. Without MAF's performance Monday night, they'd all be golfing today.

I still think the Pens can do it but they need to put on the big boy skates.

As a Wings fan, I got respect for the Penguins. They are a very scrappy team, which capitalizes on mistakes. They have some very good players, but the talent is not evenly distributed on their lines. That's not a criticism, but a fact.

The Wings dominated the puck every game, but are having a problem getting it past the Penguin's goalie. I hope that riddle is solved tonight and the Wings come back to Detroit with the cup. :D

Agreed. Though goalies can win games, There needs to be a bit more oomph from the penguins offense.

Its hard to muster offense when you cant get the puck, I still think my wings will take it but not tonight, even though the the wings are 12-0 in game sixes the igloo is going to be a jungle tonight.

Its hard to muster offense when you cant get the puck, I still think my wings will take it but not tonight, even though the the wings are 12-0 in game sixes the igloo is going to be a jungle tonight.

I hope the Wings take it tonight. It's not nice to toy with the Crosby. :D

The Wings have dominated nearly every period this series. The first two games were shutouts. The Pens have come back and played some very good periods, but it's all ont he Wings now. I don't think they are scared, and I think they will come out tonight take the cup.

At any rate, it's good to see some competition out there. After the first two games I thought it might be a shutout series...

The Wings have dominated nearly every period this series. The first two games were shutouts. The Pens have come back and played some very good periods, but it's all ont he Wings now. I don't think they are scared, and I think they will come out tonight take the cup.

At any rate, it's good to see some competition out there. After the first two games I thought it might be a shutout series...
Agreed. But, I really wanted to see them win in overtime on Monday. It would have been the game of a lifetime. Stanley Cup won in overtime. Holy Crap!

Agreed. But, I really wanted to see them win in overtime on Monday. It would have been the game of a lifetime. Stanley Cup won in overtime. Holy Crap!

Yes, I agree. I'd love for them to win at home, but you know they probably scheduled a win at Pitts. so that there will be fewer cop cars overturned and burning. You know how those people in Detroit love to celebrate their victories! :rockin:

Yes, I agree. I'd love for them to win at home, but you know they probably scheduled a win at Pitts. so that there will be fewer cop cars overturned and burning. You know how those people in Detroit love to celebrate their victories! :rockin:

I agree. I live in downtown Royal Oak and I was going to go to a bar and every single bar had a two hour wait just to get in the door (for game five which they lost). Cops were everywhere - about 15 just standing on the corner. Helicopters and news vans down there too. And this isn't even downtown Detroit.

I don't want to see this go to 7, then anything can happen. If they don't win tonight, i'll be a sad puppy.:(

Why the refs and linesmen seem to like Crosby and the Pens so much....

sidthekid.jpg

2-0 so far... What's wrong with crosby? I was out and didn't catch the beginning of the game...

Beautiful! It was a game to the end! Thank God the Wings won tonight! This ex-Detroiter is one happy guy. My wife is even happier. :D

Thanks Penguins for a good series. Did you have to almost rip my heart out though? I mean three seconds. Arghhhh.... I almost died again!

Latest posts

Back