Hockey is BACK!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sharks are a good team. I wish Boston would finally get good enough to stay in the playoffs! My friend is from there, and he doesn't even watch hockey now since he can't get the Bruins. It would be nice if we could have a Red Wings/Bruins matchup in the finals!

GO HOSSA! Go Wings!

Sharks are a good team. I wish Boston would finally get good enough to stay in the playoffs! My friend is from there, and he doesn't even watch hockey now since he can't get the Bruins. It would be nice if we could have a Red Wings/Bruins matchup in the finals!

GO HOSSA! Go Wings!

If the B's continue to play like they did in November then you might get that wish. Unless the Sharks continue to play like they've been playing.

Let's go Bruins
:D

If the B's continue to play like they did in November then you might get that wish. Unless the Sharks continue to play like they've been playing.

Let's go Bruins
Rot in hell Bruins. Sabres forgot how to play in their own end. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

Rot in hell Bruins. Sabres forgot how to play in their own end. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

Here we go Bruins here we go
smokey-the-bear.jpeg

Sorry I brought them up!! LOL!

Wings are doing ok, but they are not bringing it each and every night for 60 minutes. They had a 3 goal lead last night to Van. and won by a goal. Maybe once they stop rotating guy in and out of IR.

Should find out what the league is going to say about Avery today. Granted, he didn't injure someone, but his nasty mouth might have finally caught up with him. Sad to say that I kind of like having him in the league, because I do like a good fight now and then. The league has grown too soft IMO. Let the boys play!

bump!

Woo hoo!!!
It's that time of the year again!

:ban::ban::ban:

Hawks/Caps drop the puck in 90 minutes!

How do you think your teams look?
Better? Worse? The same?

I say the Hawks look a little bit better up front (after Hossa comes back), same or better on the blueline, well, probably better with Walker gone (as much as I liked the guy), and weaker in goal with Huet as the #1 and Crawford & Niemi battling for backup spot.

I love hockey!!! (too bad my pipeline is dry and I'm too broke to buy any beer, stupid layoff!)

Since I am a Leafs fan, they definitely look better, when Kessel gets ready to play and with Burke in the GM box, we are ready for at least the playoffs, if not the second round. I don't see the leafs getting any further that that, but what do you expect in a rebuilding year.

Since I am a Leafs fan, they definitely look better, when Kessel gets ready to play and with Burke in the GM box, we are ready for at least the playoffs, if not the second round. I don't see the leafs getting any further that that, but what do you expect in a rebuilding year.

I don't know if Kessel's going to be enough for the Leafs to make a run. I don't get to see much Eastern conf. hockey here, it's hard for me to say how much improved they are skill wise, but they got a hell of a lot tougher.
I like that part, wish the Hawks would've picked up Colton Orr.

2 first round, and a second round pick seems to be a high price for Kessel. That seals it, if the Leafs are going to improve over the next couple of years, they won't be doing it through the draft.

Hawks @ Wild tonight.

Any Wild fans here?
New coach = no more neutral zone trap?
Damn I hope so. Minn games were almost as boring as baseball.
Hope Havlat stay healthy for ya. Good move for Minn, I see Gaborik is already injured (AGAIN!!!).

It was a lot to give up, but Burke will get those draft picks back before the 2010 Draft. He has plans, I have faith. The leafs are a "good" team, not great, but they will make the playoffs, but they are by no means a contender.

I don't know if Kessel's going to be enough for the Leafs to make a run. I don't get to see much Eastern conf. hockey here, it's hard for me to say how much improved they are skill wise, but they got a hell of a lot tougher.
I like that part, wish the Hawks would've picked up Colton Orr.

2 first round, and a second round pick seems to be a high price for Kessel. That seals it, if the Leafs are going to improve over the next couple of years, they won't be doing it through the draft.

Back