High FG on an IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frozer860

Reaction score
Brewed a zombie dust clone (AG) two weeks ago. This is the second time brewing it. First batch finished around 1.012. this batch is still at 1.024. I read up on all the situations which can cause a higher than expected FG...But is there any way to ferment the beer out anymore? Can I add more yeast or maybe some yeast nutrient? I will also mention I made the dumb mistake of racking to the secondary to dry hop before checking the gravity 😐
Hoping I'm not stick with a session IPA

Have you had a consistent gravity of 1.024 over the course of a few days? If not, give it 3 days and check again.

That said, you can try and pitch some additional yeast to try and get it lower. I've had good luck adding US-05 to knock off a few additional points.

You can pitch more yeast. What was the OG.

If the problem is a ot of unfermentables (mashed too high or something), then another similar yeast may not do. If the problem is too many unfermentables, then you would need to pitch a high attenuating yeast to get it to go further.

Latest posts

Back