Hi from San Diego!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveM77

Reaction score
Hey everybody!!

I'm new to brew, just finished my first one "Black Hole Porter" I called it that because it is so black you can't even see a bright flashlight through a glass!
This forum helped me so much through the process, there is so much knowledge here, thanks to all of you my first brew turned out perfect!! 8% ABV and soooo good!!!

Red Ale going into the bottles on Saturday!

Hey Dan, I'm over here in Carmel Mountain, wearing out the pavement between here and HBM! Great to meet you!

Welcome! You should also look into buying from All About Brewing in El Cajon. Great prices and the owner Jim is really great to talk to. It's a much better experience than HBM, IMO.

Welcome! You should also look into buying from All About Brewing in El Cajon. Great prices and the owner Jim is really great to talk to. It's a much better experience than HBM, IMO.

Thanks for the heads up on All About Brewing in El Cajon, I'm getting tired of driving all the way to HBM and having to deal with that place.

Cool, I didn't even know about that place. I will definitely check it out - Thanks!

Displaced MassHole said:
Thanks for the heads up on All About Brewing in El Cajon, I'm getting tired of driving all the way to HBM and having to deal with that place.

Yeah... It's a relatively new shop. I think he opened up sometime last year.

Hey fellow San Diegans,

I'm a fairly newish brewer (about 8 batches so far). I live in Carmel Valley, so not too far from you guys. I actually like HBM. They leave you alone and let you shop. Nothing more annoying than the whole in the wall place off the 52 where the dude followed me around the shop.

Hydrobrew in O-side is my second go to spot. They're pretty helpful there.

-Tim

There a lot of here. I was just at HBM buying supplies today. Cheers. I am in Birdland.

... And I guess I failed to mention I'm In the college area, and I think Gremlyn is as well.

Back