Hey Everyone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NarrowsBrewCo

Reaction score
Hey Brewers,

I'm from Seattle and developed of love beer, all kinds, but usually the heavier ones, IPA's, big ales, etc. (Mac & Jacks, Redhook, Iron Horse, Elysian) Anyways I've since moved to Texas for a job.

My fiance bought me a 'Mr Beer' Kit 2 years ago as she knew I loved beer, thought I might as well brew it. Well after 4 batches in that thing, none which were that spectacular I knew there had to be more.

Now I'm an extract and occassional mini mash brewer. I've brewed about 4 batches ranging from Brown Ales to Irish Reds. Looking forward to being part of a forum that I've used so often for tips, advice, etc. Cheers!

PS if anyone has a Mac & Jacks African Amber extract recipe I'd love to see it! I only miss my family more than that beer!

One moment...

See attached for Recipe!

Mac & Jacks African Amber. It turned out to be a mini-mash, but you just buy the loose grain, make a giant tea bag and keep it cinched. People use paint strainers, you can order one here from @wilserbrew, or buy one from your LHBS or morebeer.com

oops, just reread OP and saw you have minimash experience! Do your thing then. Good luck and welcome! Let us know how it turns out.

View attachment Mac rec extract 1.0.pdf

Where in Texas? Hope you have a fermentation chamber. I'm in Central Texas & I couldn't do without mine.

Awesome! Thanks for the Mac & Jacks recipe! The beer I grew up on! I was actually born and raised in Redmond, WA where Mac & Jacks is located.

Back in our little league days, the founders would bring homebrew concoctions to games for parents to try out. Well that is the rumor, I wasn't in the same league...if anyone ever has a chance, stop by their brewery for a tour, they only do it sunday, its not some huge complext with restaurants and parks...but they make some of the best beer around!

Hey Antony..I'm in San Antonio...yeah my first year here I could only brew one batch in February when it was cold (65 degrees out). I just got a chest freezer for my birthday, and hooked up a programmable thermostat to it. I've got a pumpkin ale fermenting in there right now, and will have a gingerbread stout going in next week. Gotta prep for the holidays!

@cannman I'll be trying that recipe after that! If it works out then that should cut down on my travels to Seattle!

:tank:

Back