help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneTreeFarms

Reaction score
i have a question on the type of honey that is used. i recently went to the local store and found only two main types of honey the spreadable honey in 16 oz tubs or the liquid honey in squeeze containers. i've made a few different wines in the past but this will be my first attempt at a mead. would either of these honeys suffice or should i keep looking? any advice would be appreciated.

thanks
Ben

Keep looking. A lot of those grocery store honeys are not 100% honey (sugar added etc.). Order some quality stuff online. I believe the morebeer site has some.

Please keep looking until you find more suitable kinds. Different kinds of honey will impart different flavors, colors and taste. When I make Melomels I do not worry as much with buying the more expensive honeys, a clover or wildflower is good. If I make traditional Mead then I look at the flavors a good honey can impart.

Look for honey at Farmer's markets or check with the local homebrew store. If you are still having problems look for honey retailers on the net. Many can ship anywhere. It will be worth it.:mug:

Hello
Take in the first 7 days only 2 Kilo Honey and 1 Kilo Sugar by 6 Gallons.
The Yeast starts fast and strong.Try German Wood Honey

Latest posts

Back