Help with red wine selection!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProfBrew

Reaction score
I've been a long time lurker here on the wine and beeer forums, and now I need some HELP. I just found out my godfather is coming to visit next June and I need help choosing a wine kit. He is an ubber wine afficionado and loves his Bordeaux. I'm looking for the best red wine kit out there to start now and have ready when he comes next June. For this the price of the kit is not an issue. I have all of the gear, and have done wines, ciders, meads, and plenty of beers in the past. I just need some help choosing the best kit possible. Thanks!!!

I've been a long time lurker here on the wine and beeer forums, and now I need some HELP. I just found out my godfather is coming to visit next June and I need help choosing a wine kit. He is an ubber wine afficionado and loves his Bordeaux. I'm looking for the best red wine kit out there to start now and have ready when he comes next June. For this the price of the kit is not an issue. I have all of the gear, and have done wines, ciders, meads, and plenty of beers in the past. I just need some help choosing the best kit possible. Thanks!!!

10 months is probably not quite enough time for a "super premium" wine kit, unfortunately, especially for a red. If it was next Christmas, maybe a young red could be served but otherwise June 2014 would be better for a decent to good red. If you really want to try one, it could maybe be done but the wine might taste a bit young and not up to a wine snob's standards but still enjoyable.

If I was going to do one, I'd do one of these: http://www.vintnerscircle.com/catalog/wine_making_supplies.php?cPath=86_21_93_94

Latest posts

Back