Help with Raspberry Port

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enyawgerg

Reaction score
I made a chocolate Rasberry wine that I intended on turning into a dessert wine. It was all going well. I back sweetened with raspberry syrup and before bottling, I added a standard grape brandy. I believe I added too much brandy so it is a bit medicine tasting. So, I bottled it to age for 7 or 8 months, hoping that it would mellow...I just opened a bottle and it has not changed.

Needless to say, I am a bit disappointed.

I am wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions for redeeming/repurposing this into something enjoyable to drink?

I made a Ribena port, and it was pretty bad after 10 months. I finished that bottle by adding a bit more of the original syrup on a glass-by-glass basis. At 20% it got much better after the second glass ;-)

The rest is going to stay in the bottle for another year. Hopefully it mellows out. If not I will suffer through it the same way.

Also, you might want to try it mixed with a nice apple cider.

Back