Help with Equipment Profile in Beersmith 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1234contact

Reaction score
Thank you in advance for your help :)

I am looking for someone to guide me through the Equipment Profile I should create/set up using Beersmith 2 for brewing with:
Blichmann 15 Gallon Boilmaker as kettle.
10 gallon round cooler with Bazooka screen as mash tun. (Batch sparge)

I am guessing other fellow brewers use a similar set up and can provide me with #'s for a more accurate profile?
ie: Boil off using Boilmaker with Blichmann burner. Deadspace #'s.

I really appreciate your help and CHEERS!
Joe

I just calibrated my all grain setup last weekend. I filled my HLT (6 gallon SS kettle) with water to see how much was left behind. I actually left about 150 ml behind, which about 0.039 gallons.

I then boiled 7 gallons in my BK (10g Spike Brewing kettle) for an hour (took about an hour and a half total time) to find boil-off rate and that was 1.5 gallons per hour with a Dark Star burner.

I then poured the water I had left from the boil off (once temp was around 168) into my MLT (10g round cooler with a bazooka tube) to watch for temp change and deadspace. Without pre-heating my MLT on a 30 degree day, I lost about 5 degrees per hour with just less than half a gallon of deadspace measured.

I'm sure all set-ups are going to be somewhat different, but if nothing else, it's very easy to calibrate what you have to get pretty accurate numbers. Good luck and happy brewing!

Tim

Latest posts

Back