Help wiring panel mount fuse holder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidD

Reaction score
For an STC-1000 build, I am hoping to use a panel mount fuse holder but am unsure how to wire it. I realize this may be really easy but I'm new to electrical work.

I have the fuse holders for 5x20mm fuses, link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321024844650?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Ideally, wiring without soldering is my goal. I also bought some inline fuse holders as back up for when my idiot self would inevitably not figure out the simple panel mount holders. Thank you for any help.

$(KGrHqV,!rEFGi8CkWhMBRzT+v5lcQ~~60_1.JPG

This style of fuse holder is designed for a solder connection to the two silver terminals with the small holes in them.

Thank you for the response, that clears it up for me. I will plan to use my inline fuse holders. Also, so I am guessing there are panel mount holders that you can use terminal or some quick connectors on?

I have seen fuse holders that have either screw terminals or push on "spade" terminals.

Soldering something like that isn't that difficult. All you have to do is strip enough insulation off the wire so you can thread it through the hole and twist it back together. Then hold the iron on one side of the tab and when the wire heats up touch the other side with the solder. The heat will pull the solder into the wire like a wick. Just use a rosin core solder.

Great information, thank you all for the responses. For soldering, I still don't have the tools yet for it but hope to in the future. The Posi-Locks look interesting and I already have some in-line fuse holders that I am going to try out for now. Thanks again.

Soldering would make the best connection, but you should also be able to fit a 3/16" female quick connect ferrule on those tabs, like this one

images

It would make a solid connection and save you from having to buy a soldering iron.

Back