Help finding CO2 to regulator connector

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LudaDave

Reaction score
I've swapped out my old regulator with a dual and I cannot remove the connector between the CO2 tank and the regulator (the new one doesn't come with on). I'm having a heck of a time finding this part (kegerator/kegworks, Lowes, Home depot etc), I've attached a picture with the part in question circled in red. Any ideas? Seems like it would be a standard part. Thanks!

reg_connector.jpg

...and I got one at airgas if you don't feel like waiting for shipping.

airgas in Morrisville? Do they refill CO2 tanks? I have a tank but it hasn't been tested since 10/2002

I'm in Vancouver, Wa. so I don't know about your area but I took an outdated tank to them once. It was an old steel piece of junk. For the price of a fill plus test (like $50 total), they took the junker and swapped me for a newer aluminum, full, tested tank.

FYI I was able to get the parts, swap the tank for a newer refill all for $31 :) @ airgas

Good deal!

That part is also about $3-4 at my LHBS, I had to replace mine after it mysteriously started leaking at the regulator end and I mangled it trying to get it off to re-tape.

For anyone reading this thread in the future: the CGA nipple can certainly come off, if there aren't flats near the tank end you can use a pipe wrench. Keep in mind that some regulators (Taprite) use a left-handed thread, so you need to twist the other way and make sure you replace it with a left handed stem. Also make sure you put some PTFE tape on the new fitting before installing it!

LudaDave said:
FYI I was able to get the parts, swap the tank for a newer refill all for $31 :) @ airgas

Sweet!!

Back