Hello! New Brewer to the group!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum. I have made 1 mead back in February or March. I haven't been able to bring myself to try it yet. I don't like wine so as long as I don't try it I can't say it's bad

lol. all depends on the flavors you used. we like the cherry and blueberry.
So I tried it this weekend finally. Someone came over that convinced me to give it a go. Not very impressed. But it may not be a good one as I have nothing to compare to. It's just a basic honey mead nothing else in it. It didn't ferment all the way out either. Stopped at 1.018 or something I forget right now. I need to find someone local that can tell me how bad I did so I can have an idea.

So I tried it this weekend finally. Someone came over that convinced me to give it a go. Not very impressed. But it may not be a good one as I have nothing to compare to. It's just a basic honey mead nothing else in it. It didn't ferment all the way out either. Stopped at 1.018 or something I forget right now. I need to find someone local that can tell me how bad I did so I can have an idea.
Yeah I'm not a big fan of the traditional honey mead. I'd check around liquor stores and see if any of them carry a variety of meads. Total Wine is the only one around here that has it. (Which is why i make my own.) But you either love it or hate. I also use it as a mixer.

Back