Hello from Wisconsin!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poolplayer

Reaction score
Me and a friend just started our first batch yesterday. We're very pleased with our first venture into beer making. First thing we realized is that instructions on kits are not for the mundane brewers aka us. We started a nut brown ale and after we steeped our sock of grains, boiled our golden and kent gold, cooled our wort to >70 degrees I was left with two things: yeast and sugar. I thought "the yeast needs the sugar, dump it in" well, I picked up the brewers book and lo and behold there's the section on Priming sugar at the bottling stage. We're thinkin we're ready to make a new batch again but thankfully the folks at Northern Brewers had a tech line and said we just need to buy more sugar for the bottling phase. My favorite line he said was "Don't worry, it WANTS to be BEER!!!" Looking forward to some great posts and Eureka's in homebrewing on here.

Cheers!!

Welcome. That's one of the great things about homebrewing. Regardless of what you boil, as long as you add yeast....it'll turn into beer. Now...it may not always be drinkable, but it's still beer.

Latest posts

Back