Hello from Nepal- starting kiwi (15kg) wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chhams

Reaction score
Hello from Himalaya. I am thinking of making kiwi wine. Any idea would be great.
Till then enjoy the view!

Attachments

• B3D9DC8A-B58D-4928-981D-44149A22D3DC.jpeg
    B3D9DC8A-B58D-4928-981D-44149A22D3DC.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Namaste!

Where about are you from exactly?

Fruit wines in general are not complicated. But I have no experience using fresh fruits. only with juices. Can you juice the kiwis?

Your picture looks a bit like the area I passed through when going to upper Mustang.

Namaste!

Where about are you from exactly?

Fruit wines in general are not complicated. But I have no experience using fresh fruits. only with juices. Can you juice the kiwis?

Your picture looks a bit like the area I passed through when going to upper Mustang.
Namaste, I am from Ramechhap (on the way to Everest Base Camp).
Yes after kiwi is completely ripe, peeling the skin off and squeeze it through hand and will filter out the juice out if it. But stuck with the following:

I calculated for sugar and water
For 34lbs kiwi
- 11 lb sugar
- 9.96 lt water
(What temperature, brix, pH level it should be?) I need to know how much tsp or gram I need to add
- citric acid
- pectic enzyme
- wine tannin
- yeast nutrient
- white wine yeast

Next to Okhaldunga, I must have come through Ramecchap multiple times by now. You're a Sherpa? I got some friends from the wider area where your from here in Germany. I'm often travelling through your area.

I don't know if the chang-method will get the most out of the fruits. Maybe squashing the fruits, putting them into a strainer bag and submerging them in some sugary water would be a better way. You could the ferment the whole thing and strain it afterwards.

Exactly next to Okhaldhunga. So did you go to Pikey Peak? Yes, I am Sherpa. So when you will be visiting in my area next time? May be you can help me out with the wine making😁
Looks like you know alot after your comment on chhyang.
Yes I will be squashing the kiwi with hand and filter the the juice out from the straining bag (cheese cloth or nylon bag).
As I’ve already mentioned above I need to know the quantity of other ingredients (yeast, tannin, acid blend) and levels of pH, alcohol. I looked through youtube but most of them are in small amount of fruits but here I am doing of 34 lbs kiwi, so need to know the quantity of the above mentioned ingredients.
If you know please let me know. Thanks

Last edited:
Exactly next to Okhaldhunga. So did you go to Pikey Peak? Yes, I am Sherpa. So when you will be visiting in my area next time? May be you can help me out with the wine making😁
Looks like you know alot after your comment on chhyang.
Yes I will be squashing the kiwi with hand and filter the the juice out from the straining bag (cheese cloth or nylon bag).
As I’ve already mentioned above I need to know the quantity of other ingredients (yeast, tannin, acid blend) and levels of pH, alcohol. I looked through youtube but most of them are in small amount of fruits but here I am doing of 34 lbs kiwi, so need to know the quantity of the above mentioned ingredients.
If you know please let me know. Thanks
Well, Tashi delek then!

Yes I've been to Pikey peak, at least to the area. Half of our group got a bit sick that time so we stayed a few days at the village close to pikey peak and didn't go to the top. The village on the way to kyil khor ding. Beginning of this year we did a medicine camp there.

I'll be in Kathmandu soon but this time I'm unfortunately we're not going to the mountains.

I'm not sure about the amount. It's a bit of a gamble, it should be done according to taste and according to the OG of the juice. And according to what abv you want to reach at the end.

Well, Tashi delek then!

Yes I've been to Pikey peak, at least to the area. Half of our group got a bit sick that time so we stayed a few days at the village close to pikey peak and didn't go to the top. The village on the way to kyil khor ding. Beginning of this year we did a medicine camp there.

I'll be in Kathmandu soon but this time I'm unfortunately we're not going to the mountains.

I'm not sure about the amount. It's a bit of a gamble, it should be done according to taste and according to the OG of the juice. And according to what abv you want to reach at the end.
Tashidelek, Nice to meet you through virtually. I have been to Pikey Peak 12 years ago with a German lady. She was in some project here in our village and she asked me to join as a translator so it was free trip for me. May be you stayed in Ngaur village. That is the last village from where you have to wake up at 3am and walk through jungle to see the sunrise and if lucky then can see clear view of the tip of the Mount Everest(as told by the local people). We were lucky to see it.

Well then I will be looking if anyone knows the calculations for the amounts to be used in other group.

Back